• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century Location Request - Please Advise

trouttigger

Mouseketeer
I made the reservation on Monday for our trip in January. I called back today to request a view of the fireworks. Nope! - No views from here - They can only be viewed from much more expensive resorts.

What verbage to I need to use when I call back tomorrow?

Is it worth it? Has anyone stayed in this location and been happy or unhappy?

TIA

I made the reservation on Monday for our trip in January. I called back today to request a view of the fireworks. Nope! - No views from here - They can only be viewed from much more expensive resorts.

TIA

Love Pop and so my DD's.
No there are no views of the fireworks from anywhere at this resort.
Calling back is not going to change that. (Unless you are going to change resorts)
Pop is a great VALUE resort. It is a place to sleep, grab a bite to eat and have a swim.

TIA

Here is the link to the Pop Century FAQ thread. This should help you.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1991543

WE were in the 90;s = 3rd floor looking at the Computer pool and we could see the fireworks from Epcot each night. BEAUTIFUL!

We saw the EPCOT fireworks one night back in July 2007---we were returning to POP from one of the parks and we climbed up to the 3rd floor of (not our building) and watched them. Not too sensational from that far away, but hey! Fireworks are fireworks! pixiedust: pixiedust:

Yes I saw the fireworks too. As a matter of fact, we went out to the balcony and watched them most nights. One night we saw wishes and illuminations at the same time. ( At a distance mind you.)

Ask for a 50's lakeview room--higher floor. We were in building 3.

For all its worth, one CM told me there was no lake the the Pop Century when I asked for a lakeview room. :confused3

We stayed in the 50's...can't remember what building though. Anyhow, top floor of the one facing the yo-yo had a view of the fireworks back in '04.

Yes I saw the fireworks too. As a matter of fact, we went out to the balcony and watched them most nights. One night we saw wishes and illuminations at the same time. ( At a distance mind you.)

For all its worth, one CM told me there was no lake the the Pop Century when I asked for a lakeview room. :confused3
Lake/water view (or lakeview) is a bookable category at some Disney resorts.

It is not a bookable category at Pop Century (the only categories being 'preferred' and 'standard').

Request "a room in the 50s facing the lake".

Sounds like the same thing, but it's not.

Thanks for the magical wording. I can envision calling many more times and saying "lake view" and getting the same answer. No, I'm not looking to get a spectacular view at a Value Resort. Just the view that was pictured on the DISBoard.

You will love the lakeview room. It is peaceful and lovely and have I mentioned-- that you can see the fireworks.

I know about the "bookable category" since I am now paying for a lakeview room at the Coronado Springs.

The best part about the lakeview room at the Pop Century is that it is a standard room and not preferred, so you don't even have to pay extra to have that wonderful " lakeview " room ! ;)

Also, if in your requests you ask for a room "facing the lake" they may still say that there is no lake at the Pop Century. It happened to me.

I would keep calling back. I wanted the same thing, a room in the 50's area that faced the lake. I just wanted a view of the lake, I had no idea we might be able to see fireworks from there (we probably won't though, we will still be at the parks at that time).

Anway, the first cm I taked to told me ALL the 50's room were preferred (they are not) and the second was unsure about my request. When I called back a third time I got a very helpful cm to put my request in.

Just keep trying!

lol-that's what they told me too when I requested lakeview at POP...

We requested to NOT be on the same side of the building as the pool, we ended up poolside of the jukebox in the 50's. It was very noisy!!!

We could see fireworks from the 50's. One night we were walking on the path along the lake and saw them also.

In addition to noting it on your request, I would also send a kind fax with your requests 3-4 days before your arrival. We did and they gave us everything in our fax.

Lies lies lies!! We totally had fireworks viewable from our balcony in ht e 50's section last week. We saw Illuminations fireworks and somew Fantasmic ones further off. Our room was 2344, third floor of the 50's section (building #2) facing the lake (and the post apocolyptic looking Legendary years!).

We loved everything about our room.

I do want to point out to anyone unfamiliar with Pop Century but reading this thread - there are a couple of references in these responses to 'balcony'.

Pop Century does NOT have balconies. It has outdoor walkways providing access to all rooms on a given level. Guests are free to stand at the railing and take in the/any view, but this is an entirely public area.

Not criticizing anyone, just clarifying.

I do want to point out to anyone unfamiliar with Pop Century but reading this thread - there are a couple of references in these responses to 'balcony'.

Pop Century does NOT have balconies. It has outdoor walkways providing access to all rooms on a given level. Guests are free to stand at the railing and take in the/any view, but this is an entirely public area.

Not criticizing anyone, just clarifying.

:rolleyes: ;) true-dat.

Yes...from the third floor outside corridor, I had a clear view of the Illuminations fireworks (at least the stuff above the treeline). The best view was actually if we walked to the end of the corridor, mainly because I didn't have to turn my head and was a shade closer, but the view from standing just outside my door was lovely.

Lies lies lies!! We totally had fireworks viewable from our balcony in ht e 50's section last week. We saw Illuminations fireworks and somew Fantasmic ones further off. Our room was 2344, third floor of the 50's section (building #2) facing the lake (and the post apocolyptic looking Legendary years!).

We loved everything about our room.

We had Epcot firework views too. It was a nice surprise we were in 2259 in the 50's building! It was nice.

When are they finishing the Legendary years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter