POP Century jan5-12th

redman group

Earning My Ears
We just got back from a wonderful trip to the world. I'm happy to report that our stay at the Pop Century was wonderful. The check in was good, some minor problem typing up our room cards, but about 5 minutes wait for new ones and we were on our way. I was disappointed that we couldn't go directly to the parks from the ME, since we didn't get our room cards from our vacation planners(Air canada vacations) so after dropping off our carry on luggage and putting on sunscreen we made it to EPCOT by about 3. Our reservations for Spirit of Aloha were for 8.
The mousekeeping was great, fresh towels and garbages changed every day. dd loved the little towel doggy and refused to undo him for the whole trip.
All in all the travelling around the parks was pretty good. We spent one morning at Downtown Disney and found out that we couldn't go straight to the parks from there.
Also after leaving a great meal at Boma in AKL we couldn't get back to POP without taking a bus to DD (which passes POP!!) changing buses, turning around and heading back towards POP. a little frustrating with two tired kids, we thought of a taxi too late.
We used the dining plan, and as everyone else here has mentioned - Way too much food!!! We mostly split counter service meals amongst us, they were more than enough for 2.
I did find the snacks a little limiting though. Doritos, popcorn etc.. gets a little old after day 2. My dd is lactose intolerant so she couldn't have the ice cream treats. The strawberry and orange frozen treats are delicious though.
All of the cast members were friendly and courteous. dd enjoyed pin trading and received a few "freebies" from some friendly cm's.
the parks were pretty busy still even though school is in in Florida for most kids and the weather was record breaking cold for the first few days. Our last day was Wednesday and the crowds were really dropping by then. We feel like we got the total disney experience and we're all glad to be home after such a busy trip. :flower:

sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for posting. I noticed that you can't get there from here too......makes it hard to go to some of the resorts for dinner and then get back to your resort.........thanks for the reminder about that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter