• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century - HA accessible roll in shower - one king OR one double?

happymommy

DIS Veteran
I was looking at a long trip with my DD for August. She did okay on a short trip with a shower seat that housekeeping brought, but honestly it worried me (she gets dizzy in the shower due to possible POTS and uses a wheelchair at Disney since she can't walk long distances; at home we have a shower seat since otherwise she must sit in her tub to shower). I actually didn't know about the roll in showers until recently (her condition is quite new but progressive). I love the seat and handheld shower! She would be much safer!

I looked at some dates for August, and saw when I put in handicapped rooms at Pop that they offer one king OR one double bed. Is that a mistake? We need two beds, especially if DH comes along! I also saw one king and one double bed, but it was only available certain times. Lots of one king bed, which won't work.

Is one king or one double bed a mistake? I am thinking yes since we put in for all of us. One double bed cannot sleep four!

Thanks!

Otherwise we may look at the All Star resorts, but she loved Pop so much!

Interesting, I never noticed that before but I did find it. It appears to be in the details (smaller print) for a Standard Pool View Wheelchair Accessible. My guess...the "or" is a typo which should read "and" because it clearly indicates that it sleeps 4 adults, which means it includes bed spots for 4. I believe the options for roll-in shower at POP include 1 king (sleeps 2) or 1 King plus 1 double (sleeps 4). You could call to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that since it indicates it sleeps 4 and allows you to book 4, it should read "and."

Enjoy your vacation!

We stayed in a room at Pop with a roll-in shower and it had a king bed. Because there were 4 of us in the party, they gave us a connecting room that had 2 double beds and an extra bathroom (that was not accessible). It worked out perfectly, lots of room between the connecting rooms for our group!

We stayed in a room at Pop with a roll-in shower and it had a king bed. Because there were 4 of us in the party, they gave us a connecting room that had 2 double beds and an extra bathroom (that was not accessible). It worked out perfectly, lots of room between the connecting rooms for our group!
I believe that would be the exception now. They added beds to the value resorts

I believe that would be the exception now. They added beds to the value resorts

Are we sure about this? Everything I can find while googling appears that you get a king room with a roll in shower and a connecting room with two double beds. Can anyone else confirm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter