• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century construction and preferred rooms

disneykelly

Everquest/Disney addict
I have a preferred room booked at the end of November, beginning of December.
I just got my letter telling me about it and i noticed the statement that "building requests cannot be guarenteed".
My one concern is that i will end up in a non preferred room (for which i paid the difference), and a long walk to the food court/busses.

Any reason to fear that this could happen?

Even without construction there's always a chance that the room category you booked and paid for is not available. It's rare, but it does happen. It's happened to us 3 times. If it does you should be refunded the difference.

Even without construction there's always a chance that the room category you booked and paid for is not available. It's rare, but it does happen. It's happened to us 3 times. If it does you should be refunded the difference.
Thanks !

I have the same worry. I can walk, but my mom and her husband are staying at Pop also, and they have a hard time walking.

I checked with the website and it said October. I will be arriving on the 13th. I never got a letter so I'm wondering if its the end of the month. I never stayed there but was hoping for the 70s section. Any idea where I can find out more on this? Thanks

I have a preferred room booked at the end of November, beginning of December.
I just got my letter telling me about it and i noticed the statement that "building requests cannot be guarenteed".
My one concern is that i will end up in a non preferred room (for which i paid the difference), and a long walk to the food court/busses.

Any reason to fear that this could happen?

There are preferred rooms in many buildings, and all of the preferred rooms are closer to transport/food court than the standard rooms. I wouldn't worry about it.

I checked with the website and it said October. I will be arriving on the 13th. I never got a letter so I'm wondering if its the end of the month. I never stayed there but was hoping for the 70s section. Any idea where I can find out more on this? Thanks

Here on the Dis is the best place to find details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter