Pop Century Buildings

magicalcouple

Different Not Less

Hi there!! We have stayed at Pop 3 times before but I think I heard/read somewhere that some of the buildings/rooms have been refurbished. Can some one confirm this info and if so, is it all buildings or just some? And if just some, which ones??? :confused3 We booked for Oct 1 through the 7th this year and I requested a standard view room. Any building non-preferred on this list? TIA!

don't know about a list, but can tell you we stayed in 80s rooms in January...not refurbished yet. And just stayed this week in 50s rooms, and they were even worse than the 80s rooms: really seriously worn out.

We stayed at POP in July and lucked out and asked for a refurb when we checked in. We got one in the 80's/90's area. Nice new flatscreen, new linen's. Loved it!

I thought that the refurb was completed at the end of the year 2010???

We were there the first week of Feb and the 60's are done.

I think if you search for the POP refurb thread you will find they were finishing if not finished the resort in Nov of last year.

Good luck and have fun!!!

I thought that the refurb was completed at the end of the year 2010???

We were there the first week of Feb and the 60's are done.

I think if you search for the POP refurb thread you will find they were finishing if not finished the resort in Nov of last year.

Good luck and have fun!!!
Yes,the POP refurb was completed in December.:)

I stayed in the 1950s and LOVED the NEW rooms-there is nothing like the "newness" of a refurbed room!:)

don't know about a list, but can tell you we stayed in 80s rooms in January...not refurbished yet. And just stayed this week in 50s rooms, and they were even worse than the 80s rooms: really seriously worn out.

That's odd. They refurbed all the buildings in 2010.

I don't know what someone else saw but we were there and the rooms are beautiful!!!!! They changed all furniture, rugs, beds,etc..We stayed in Bldg #3, 4th floor for 16 days and watched them refurb bldg#1 while we were there. In fact my daughter did a split stay and were in Bldgs 1 & 3 and they were done!!!:surfweb:

Can you tell us specifically what room numbers you had in the 80s and 50s? It would be interesting to know if there are any individual rooms that were not yet refurbished or skipped, since the general news we have is that all refurbs were complete.

Can you tell us specifically what room numbers you had in the 80s and 50s? It would be interesting to know if there are any individual rooms that were not yet refurbished or skipped, since the general news we have is that all refurbs were complete.

Yes, please!! Want to know which ones to avoid this week and this is the only person on here that has had an issue that I've read!

We were at Pop over the Thanksgiving holiday in the 70's section, building 6 (the one with the Mickey phone). We had a refurb room and it was very nice. I especially liked the curtain that separated the bathroom area from the bedroom area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter