Pop Century and Traffic Noises??

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I was at Borders today and I read over the notes on the PC in the 2004 Unofficial guide. They made it a point to emphasize since the PC was between a few major thoroughfares they thought traffic noice would be an issue. It looked from the map in the Unofficial guide, the resort was right between two highways.

I do not have a map of the PC, nor any other resort for that matter. Has anyone ever been bothered by traffic noises? Is anyone familiar with this area and can offer an opinion?

Thanks and have a great night.

Pop Century is about the same distance from Osceola Parkway as All-Star Movies is from 192 and World Drive. The only difference is that the trees are still growing. I've never heard of any major problems from the All-Stars, or from any of the Hotel Plaza area hotels that are next to I4.

I really wouldn't worry about it... but if it really is a concern, request the earlier years.

I knew you would answer. I feel better now.

Thank you and have a great night.

Tyler, what does your new title mean? Did we get you a promotion? ;)

About the noise, I was in Tampa this past week, and drove over to WDW to see a friend at DTD. We got there a bit early and went to drive by PC. It is really close to the hwy and the ramps for I-4. But the buildings seem to be set back far enough and there are trees there to buffer the noise. The bldg with cell phones seems to be the closest to the roads. The others seem far enough away. But even in Sept, traffic was not heavy, I don't think it will be an issue.

I just read the same review this weekend (someone gave me the book, knowing that my December vacation is coming up). I take everything in that book with a grain of salt. I don't agree with most of the reviews of everything--rides, hotels, attractions, food, transportation, etc.

In fact, I was so aggravated by most of the reviews that I've decided to write my own book. Of course, this will involve careful research, and many trips to WDW, so I'll have to get started as soon as I can. Now all I have to do is explain to DH that we need to travel to WDW at least once a month so that I can continue my research!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter