Pop Century, All Stars or which Mod?

redsaid

Earning My Ears
We currently have reservations for 5 nights at Pop Century in November. From the passporter it appears that All Stars is the same rate for rooms.

I actually have 2 questions:

Should we keep Pop Century or try to switch to All Stars and why?

If I tried to squeeze some more blood from the stone which Moderate resort would you recommend? Is it really worth the price difference for those on budgets? There will be 2 adults and 2 kids 8 & 5.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. This will be our kids first trip and ours as a married couple.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We just came back from the Pop Century in March. It was great because it was new and clean! We actually transferred there from the Contemporary because we had been in 3 rooms that were all dirty and had a broken door, bed, etc. We were pleasantly surprised. From what I've heard, the tv's are bigger at Pop Century than at the All Stars. We had a lot of fun and saved a ton of money. Look for the surrey bicycles for four. Our kids are too young, but we saw other families riding around and it looked fun.

I've stayed at both Pop and Asmo. I personally prefer Pop because I felt llike I was closer to the "action" than at asmo. I just felt like I was out in the boonies at Asmo. Also you have an addtional .5% tax when saying at All stars. I honestly liked both but Think Pop is more up my ally.

Thank you for your thoughts.

DH is now pushing for switching to one of the Moderates. Oh, this plan will never be finalized....

I think one of his concerns is that we will be their during Thanksgiving and is afraid that it will be full and doesn't think that being at Pop or AS's with @6,000 other people will be so fun at the moderates they are smaller.

Anyway, any other ideas or thoughts would be extremely helpful. Thanks again

I've stayed at CBR and am contemplating a stay at POFQ. It's supposed to be the smallest of all the moderates so maybe your DH will like that. We loved CBR! It was just DH and I. The theming was so beautiful and relaxing the the food court was pretty good. I'd definitely go with a moderate over a value if at all possible.

We stayed at ASSp for one night before checking into AKL on our last trip and I didn't care for it. It was clean but just felt very small and (please don't flame me) cheap. There were also huge groups of loud teenagers everywhere (or so it seemed.) Of course, we didn't take a lot of time to look around so I might have gotten a better impression of it if we had done so.

We have stayed at both the Port Orleans and AllStar Sports. The room was a little larger at PO,but as a seasoned cruiser I find the rooms at AllStar huge in comparison to a ships cabin! The grounds and pool at PO were very beautiful and detailed,while the AllStar was more cute and fun.But if traveling with children,the fun is fine and we would rather save the money on the hotel room and spend it on food,souvenirs,etc. So our next trip in June will be at the Pop Century,even though I could have booked the newly remodeled PO for only $15 a night more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter