• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century 50's Bldgs

ifitzger

Earning My Ears
Just checked into one of the 50's non-renovated rooms. Please avoid at all costs!!! They are in rough shape, smell bad, and the showers are disgusting. Better quality at Motel 6's!!

Sorry your room was horrible weve stayed in 50s many times with no issues but I guess the rooms are at their breaking points with refurbs I guess they’re just not maintaining the old rooms. I was glad to see this post though as a lot of my sources we’re saying all the renovations had been completed so I guess the are wrong.

It might not be 'they'. It might just be that one. Maybe not necessary to avoid the entire decade. That's 30% of the rooms.
Bldg 1 is definitely in rough shape. While it might not be "all" the rooms, talked to someone else who was staying in Bldg 1 who said there was visible mold. That's a problem. So yes, I would advise everyone to avoid Bldg 1 non-renovated 50's

They’ve been been working on renovating all the rooms for some time now, and I guess they just let the older rooms slip away because they are scheduled to be renovated soon.

Hope the room you wound up with is much nicer, and you have a good trip. :)

They’ve been been working on renovating all the rooms for some time now, and I guess they just let the older rooms slip away because they are scheduled to be renovated soon.

Hope the room you wound up with is much nicer, and you have a good trip. :)
Yes, the room they gave us in the 60's was great, stayed in the Baloo building last year prior to the refurb and everything was fine also. It's a little bit of a shock coming off the Fantasy to a Bldg Disney seems to care little about.

Stayed in the 50's back in July and our room was excellent (even the beds). I think you can find unsatisfactory rooms at all the resorts, but you were smart to ask for a new room.

Stayed in the 50’s bowling pin building December 2017. Room was clean, no mold. I was pleasantly surprised. We usually stay DVC, this was our first Value stay ever. I would definitely recommend Pop especially since most have been refurbished.

Stayed in the 50’s bowling pin building December 2017. Room was clean, no mold. I was pleasantly surprised. We usually stay DVC, this was our first Value stay ever. I would definitely recommend Pop especially since most have been refurbished.
how was the condition of walls/furniture in December?

It was not a refurbished room. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I have to say, my expectations were low going in, so I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing stained or broken. No mold. Clean. There were lots of basketball teams, we were one of them, so tons of teens, no problems at all. Food court well maintained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter