Pop Century 1 week of December

pines506

Mouseketeer
I just booked the Pop Century for the December 1-8, not realizing that that is Pop Warner week. Realistically, how crowded will it be at the resort and the parks??? Should I try to change weeks????

I've been to WDW several times at the same time as the PopWarner kids...one time at Music where they were staying. I have to say that I didn't have any of those issues that others speak about. Yes, the kids could get rambunctious, but we're talking about teens/preteens here. They're loud everywhere!! The only impact I had was if I got to the food court at the same time they did...then it got a bit zooey!! So, I got there before them..I like to eat earlier rather than later so that worked quite well for me.
As for the parks, the kids weren't really in the parks during the day. At night they would be very evident..lots of 'kid herds', with the shouting, running that would come with a group of 8 teen girls!!! But it just wasn't that big an issue...at least not for me.
I think they use POP mostly for overflow from the AllStars. I was at POP a few years ago, for a few nights at the end of the PopW run, and I didn't notice that many more kids than usual.

Just our "team" booking experience.....

We do have a high school sports team we send there every year. Every year our choice has been Allstars or CBR. Last year we tried really hard to get them in at POP...great price, safe running (track team) and location to WWOS is good. They said "no, we do not book blocks of rooms at POP". Adament it was not possible. They were willing to add POR to the list (I think because food court was closed and maybe reservations down), but we just went with ASports. So hopefully that was true. I have been to POP three times and never experienced teams.

I think you should book it and get tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I've never been to it but might go in Dec. Is it a good deal? Or should I skip it?:confused3

I think you should book it and get tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I've never been to it but might go in Dec. Is it a good deal? Or should I skip it?:confused3

MVMCP is NOT to be missed and they have a new parade this year and I understand that the castle is going to be covered in lights. We went last year on a Tuesday and it was a little more croeded than I expected, but not any worse than an EMH evening and we always go during value season, so the crowds are lower anyway. I think you have to experience it at least once.

OP, that is really a good time to go, especially if that is the only time you can go. The tweens/teens aren't really at the park until the evening, but the ones we experienced were just more rude and rowdy than we are used to. They just seemed to do things that were very childish, except for one case that my mom experienced in the ladies room. I probably won't go during a time when they are there again, but that is just me.

Suzanne

Pop Warner overflows usually go to POR or CBR - haven't ever seen anything with my sister's family where they're given a choice of POP with their packages. Usually it's only the AllStars 3 resorts.

Have fun! You'll be at WDW.....:banana: :santa:

Thanks for the help. I think I would have been ok to stay with the teams there (after all I have kids that age), but husband was nervous! We switched to 12/8-15. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter