• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop and the bus transportation....

ryanshana

DIS Veteran
Is it that bad? we will be going Sept during free dining. Just wondering if we'll be better off renting a car? We went during Dec (during value season though) and I remember looking at the line for the bus and it looked like there were 2 bus full worth of people, just wondering if I should expect the same in Sept during Free dining

Thanks

yea.

but the lines go faster than you think.

most of the time if the current bus can't take everyone - there will be another one before it leaves.

Pop has the best transportation of any of the WDW resorts.

we were there last week - no problems with the buses from POP. Our plan was to drive to the parks, but the buses were so easy, we went with them.

I have had many problems with WDW transport... not one of them was going to or from Pop. I agree with PP, buses at Pop are the best!

I like hearing that the POP busses are the best! I will be there again for Thanksgiving!

When we were at MK in December, Pop Century had two bus stops with four buses (2 at each) and both corrals were full.

We loaded quickly, it was amazing.

It was one hour till closing time.

Allstars each had their own bus, they were loaded for bear that night.

I was always afraid to stay at POP because the bus lines always look so looooong! Now I have stayed there twice and have been very impressed by their bus system. I also love the fact that there is only 1 bus stop at POP - I hate sitting on the bus while it stops at multiple stops like with the moderates.

We were at Pop the week after Labor Day, '08. We were not disappointed at all with the busses. During the busiest park closings, there seemed to be double the busses. I would not rent a car. I couldn't part with daily parking fees.

The ONLY problem that we ever had at Pop was a bus to DTD took a little over 40 minutes. I'm sure we just missed one though.

We were at POP last year the week before Labor Day (the first week of free dining) and were pleasantly surprised by the buses. At park closings, there were sometimes 3 buses lined up and ready to go. It was one of my concerns about staying at POP and I know realize we shouldn't have been worrid at all. Very efficient.

Glad to here that the buses at Pop have gotten better. We stayed there in Sept. 2005, and although we loved the resort, the bus system was absolutely horrible. We decided to give it another shot this coming Sept.

Oh this makes me feel so much better! We are going in Oct last few days of free dining and were a bit concerned.

We were at Pop last Sept for FD and had absolutely no problems with the buses - we thought the bus service was exceptional.

the worst part about buses at pop is when your waiting the are out in the open no shade ....it would be great to build a real bus stop...

the worst part about buses at pop is when your waiting the are out in the open no shade ....it would be great to build a real bus stop...

they have shades area - you send someone in your party to the bus line and you wait in the shade. Seem several groups do that.

Since solo most of the time have to stand in line. that say Pop has the quickest lines.

I'm so happy to hear that the bus system is so good at POP! I'm staying there for the first time in June and was a little worried about this. Thanks!

We were there last week and the longest wait was for the DTD bus. We waited for about 40 minutes and then 2 came at the same time.

--Mary

Glad to hear it has gotten better. I remember one stay during Presidents Day weekend and we had to wait four buses before we were able to board. I prefer All Stars but the good news is that it makes Pop one less family crowded. The main reason we don't stay at Pop anymore is because what they consider "Preferred rooms" (sorry, but to me Preferred is the buildings right by the main pool, Food Court and Lobby) and the parking is miserable.

We used the busses when we stayed at POP and had no issues. Busses come regularly. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter