• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poor Unfortunate Souls: So Wet, So Full ~ Updated 12/22: Day 8 - Complete & New TR!

Being slow about the report makes the trip last longer, whats wrong with that?!

Love the resting and relaxing going on- sounds heavenly!

Great update! Brandon loved that Fisherman's Pie, I wasn't really impressed! :rotfl:

Haha, I never even thought about napping at the Beach Club, that's a good idea!

Mmm, Earl of Sandwich, I LOVE that place! :lovestruc

YAY for an update !! Love your food reviews !! I hate we are missing F&W this year !! Looking forward to reading more !!

I love your report title. Have been hearing the song in my head the whole time I was reading (all seven pages)!

An Update!!

Oh my! Poor baby Donald! Who would do such a thing? :sad1: That was different!

Yay for more F&W fun. I loved that you got an anniversary song and the squirrel story was cute. Loving that you're headed back to the Poly, even though you're not staying there this time. :laughing:

Now I need something to eat! All this food is making me hungry again!! :rotfl:

Great update! I love the look of the solarium at the BCV :thumbsup2 .. poor baby Donald though ;)

I probably shouldn't have looked at all of those photos of F&W food before dinner, soo hungry now!

Emma princess: x
I know, I did that update before eating lunch and boy did it make me hungry! :rotfl:

Believe it or not the cranberry raisers are just called farmers. Cranberry farmers. Cranberries grow in sandy wet soil called cranberry bogs and when the berries are ripe they flood the bogs and since the berries have a lot of air pockets in them they pull off the plants and float to the surface. Then they use floating planks to "herd" the cranberries towards a moving belt that puts them into the back of a big truck. I grew up near cape cod in Massachusetts where lots of cranberries are grown.

Loving your trip report, glad I found it!
:welcome: Farmers makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I had the general idea right, then! :thumbsup2

Yay, an update!:goodvibes

Earl of Sanwich is our FAVORITE! We keep hoping they will open one in Seattle. I did hear they are about to open one in Downtown Disneyland.
Really, there will be one in Disneyland? Good to know for whenever we get there!

Being slow about the report makes the trip last longer, whats wrong with that?!

Love the resting and relaxing going on- sounds heavenly!
I'm glad you're enjoying the slowness! This TR has far outlived our planning for the trip! :rotfl:

Great update! Brandon loved that Fisherman's Pie, I wasn't really impressed! :rotfl:

Haha, I never even thought about napping at the Beach Club, that's a good idea!

Mmm, Earl of Sandwich, I LOVE that place! :lovestruc
Yeah, I didn't try the Fisherman's Pie, since I avoid seafood, but Dug sure loved it. And the Beach Club is great for a nap! I suppose you'll have a room there on your next trip, but if you need an alternative, that solarium is pretty nice!

YAY for an update !! Love your food reviews !! I hate we are missing F&W this year !! Looking forward to reading more !!
Thanks! No fun to miss F&W! We'll have to live vicariously through TRs and the Disney Food Blog, I guess!

I love your report title. Have been hearing the song in my head the whole time I was reading (all seven pages)!
:welcome: Thanks! That song gets stuck in my head pretty often when I do updates on this too!

An Update!!

Oh my! Poor baby Donald! Who would do such a thing? :sad1: That was different!

Yay for more F&W fun. I loved that you got an anniversary song and the squirrel story was cute. Loving that you're headed back to the Poly, even though you're not staying there this time. :laughing:

Now I need something to eat! All this food is making me hungry again!! :rotfl:
I know, poor baby Donald. That was just bizarre. At least it wasn't a real fire, so he survived and all. We had a really nice night at the Poly!

Okay, so besides being busy with work and all, I do actually have another excuse for being SOOOOO slow with this Trip Report. I'm a little distracted...:rolleyes1

Because there will be a new Disney fan around here come September! pixiedust:

Meet Dug Baby*:

gift-fb.jpg

He or she is due 9/7/12 and we are so excited! :woohoo:

I will also add, for those of you who are long-time followers, that we've been waiting a very long time for Dug Baby to join us and that is the other (somewhat mysterious, since I never talked about it) reason for our Year of Disney in 2010. We thought (and had budgeted) that we'd be paying for daycare every month by then. Not necessary at that point, so we thought we should use some of the money for a once-in-a-lifetime type thing, so that we didn't get used to having extra money in our budget, since we hoped to be needing daycare someday. And that's when the Year of Disney idea was born. And it was a wonderful year and a perfect way to distract ourselves! So, now you have the rest of the story.

However, Disney is now a big part of our lives, since we both love it. So, clearly Dug Baby will be loving it too. We plan to do a Disney-themed nursery. No specific character/movie, just general Disney. We have a ton of random stuff (lithographs, stuffed animals, etc.) that would go well in there and maybe we can even frame some pics from our WDW trips. It will be fun!

Also, I am definitely going to need some help planning Dug Baby's first trip. :cool1: Sometime soon, I'll probably start a Pre-Trip Report to get some advice. We have no solid plans right now, but have talked about when/where to go. Our top two thoughts right now are:

1.) Go to WDW in December 2013. Dug Baby should be around 15 months and the holiday stuff will be in full swing. That might be nice. Plus, the new Fantasyland should be all up and running, I believe. And that's something we can't wait to see.
2.) If we can't wait that long, maybe a Disney Cruise would be a good trip for us. I'm thinking that it would be a nice way to travel with an infant, since your room and all your stuff goes with you everywhere. We could do that maybe in early 2013.

Of course, for either of these, we need to take a good look at our travel budget and available vacation time first.

So, I'll probably be needing advice and links to Trip Reports with infants! But, like I said, I'll try to get a PTR started soon to work on that. After all, I've still got a lot of this trip to report on! And I plan to do so, don't worry!

But, more Disney adventures are sure to come for the Dug Pack!

*A&Bmama-I have no idea if you are ever even on the DIS anymore, but if you happen to be lurking around: I told you I'd steal your "Dug Baby" idea someday! :rotfl: Thanks!

Yay, congrats on your little Dug Baby! :goodvibes :woohoo: :dance3:

You know, your due date is one day after my birthday, maybe he or she will come a day early! :banana:

I have lurked on your trip reports especially the food and wine ones since we will be going there this year during the food and wine! I wanted to say Congrats!! We too have waited a long time for our little one and used Disney as our distraction as well. Congrats again and can't wait to see if you go Disney or the Cruise line with an infant. We are planning to take our baby to Disney at 3 month and 4 month old because I got tired of not planning trips just in case we got pregnant. Well trips are planned with family and we are due July 14th so we will see how well that goes. I would love to do the Cruise Line but was nervous about taking an infant since we have never done it before. Truly excited for you though.

:woohoo: Woo-Hoo :woohoo:
Congratulations guys, I'm soooo happy for the both of you!

We have been taking our girls to Disney since they were infants. Our oldest was 6 months her first trip and our youngest was 4 months on her first trip and we typically make one sometimes two trips to Disney each year!!! Our oldest daughter was 2 on her first "Magical" cruise and Sammi was 4. We have cruised with friends and family who brought children of all ages, everyone is happy!!!! When Mackenzie was 2 on our first on the Magic, we were able to "hire" Disney staff to come to room and babysit so we could go out, it was awesome!

Again, congratulations and I can't wait to here what you decide for the next trip!!

Congratulations!! Hope you are feeling ok... looking forward to hearing about your future trips with the baby :goodvibes

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for the both of you! Dug Baby looks like a Disney fan already. ;) A Disney nursery sounds adorable, btw.

I can't wait to follow along with the first trip planning!!

Congrats to you both! :lovestruc
Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks! I can't wait to start planning!

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys.
Thank you! We are so excited too!

Congratulations!!! :)
Thank you very much!

Yay, congrats on your little Dug Baby! :goodvibes :woohoo: :dance3:

You know, your due date is one day after my birthday, maybe he or she will come a day early! :banana:
You have the same birthday as my mom! She said the same thing too! Actually, our ultrasound on Monday measured one day ahead, so maybe it wil happen! Who knows, though?

I have lurked on your trip reports especially the food and wine ones since we will be going there this year during the food and wine! I wanted to say Congrats!! We too have waited a long time for our little one and used Disney as our distraction as well. Congrats again and can't wait to see if you go Disney or the Cruise line with an infant. We are planning to take our baby to Disney at 3 month and 4 month old because I got tired of not planning trips just in case we got pregnant. Well trips are planned with family and we are due July 14th so we will see how well that goes. I would love to do the Cruise Line but was nervous about taking an infant since we have never done it before. Truly excited for you though.
Thanks for coming out of lurkdom! :goodvibes I hope you have a wonderful time at Food & Wine...such a fun time to be there! Also nice to to know someone else who understands the waiting and the Disney distraction. Congratulations to you also! I completely understand the to-plan-or-not-to-plan situation - you don't want to stop living your life while waiting. I would think F&W would work out well w/a little one, since it's pretty unstructured and you can come and go as you please. We've done a cruise before (not Disney, though), so it would be new to us, but also somewhat familiar. I did find an older Disney Cruise TR w/a 4-month-old, so I've been reading that over lunch at work. Anyway, hope all goes well for you and that your little one enjoys F&W!

:woohoo: Woo-Hoo :woohoo:
Congratulations guys, I'm soooo happy for the both of you!

We have been taking our girls to Disney since they were infants. Our oldest was 6 months her first trip and our youngest was 4 months on her first trip and we typically make one sometimes two trips to Disney each year!!! Our oldest daughter was 2 on her first "Magical" cruise and Sammi was 4. We have cruised with friends and family who brought children of all ages, everyone is happy!!!! When Mackenzie was 2 on our first on the Magic, we were able to "hire" Disney staff to come to room and babysit so we could go out, it was awesome!

Again, congratulations and I can't wait to here what you decide for the next trip!!
Thanks so much! Wow, I didn't realize you'd been taking your girls since they were so little. This is going to be so hard to figure out what to do! Dug even mentioned yesterday that maybe we should try to find a way to do both! :eek:

Congratulations!! Hope you are feeling ok... looking forward to hearing about your future trips with the baby :goodvibes

Thanks, Emma. I have been feeling generally pretty good, thankfully. I was spared the real "morning sickness" and have mostly felt relatively normal. I'm just hoping to have more energy back soon!

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for the both of you! Dug Baby looks like a Disney fan already. ;) A Disney nursery sounds adorable, btw.

I can't wait to follow along with the first trip planning!!
Thanks! How old was Blake when your first Year of Disney started? I might have to go back and re-read some of that! When you said Dug Baby looks like a Disney fan already, I couldn't help but picture an ultrasound with a little pair of Mickey ears in it! :rotfl: I can't wait to actually start putting things in the nursery. It's still a guest room now, but it will get much cuter soon!

Thanks so much! Wow, I didn't realize you'd been taking your girls since they were so little. This is going to be so hard to figure out what to do! Dug even mentioned yesterday that maybe we should try to find a way to do both! :eek:QUOTE]

Dug is onto something there:banana:. That's our most favorite vacation, WDW & Cruise, I guess that's why I only list those in my signature!!!:laughing:

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!!! :cool1::cool1:
So if Dug Baby is due in Sept that puts you right about 12 weeks? You're just starting the really fun time, 1st trimester is over and you'll be hopefully getting your energy back!!! At least until you hit the 3rd trimester. :) I'm at 35 weeks and I get crazy tired now just doing ordinary tasks. So take advantage of that energy while you have it!
We only have 5 weeks left til our due date and I can't wait!

I'm almost done with my Disney themed nursery. We went with Vintage Disney with a blue and green color scheme (we're having a boy). I had this awesome calendar with a vintage Disney movie poster on each month so I used that as inspiration and had fun! I'll post some pics once it's done so you can see!

I just finished reading a TR with a 1 yr old baby. It was: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2832745

Dug is onto something there:banana:. That's our most favorite vacation, WDW & Cruise, I guess that's why I only list those in my signature!!!:laughing:
It sounds wonderful! :cloud9: I can imagine why they're your favorites! We'll have to see what we can make happen!

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!!! :cool1::cool1:
So if Dug Baby is due in Sept that puts you right about 12 weeks?
Just over 13 now, actually. :cool1:

You're just starting the really fun time, 1st trimester is over and you'll be hopefully getting your energy back!!!
I can't wait. That's been my biggest symptom: exhaustion. I sort-of feel like I'm getting my energy back, but it's more like my brain is going non-stop with all the things I want to do and my body is too tired to get off the couch for long. Hopefully both will cooperate soon! :rotfl:

At least until you hit the 3rd trimester. :) I'm at 35 weeks and I get crazy tired now just doing ordinary tasks. So take advantage of that energy while you have it!
We only have 5 weeks left til our due date and I can't wait!
I've heard that about the 3rd trimester, so I'm hoping to get as much done during the Spring as possible. Can't believe you're so close already!

I'm almost done with my Disney themed nursery. We went with Vintage Disney with a blue and green color scheme (we're having a boy). I had this awesome calendar with a vintage Disney movie poster on each month so I used that as inspiration and had fun! I'll post some pics once it's done so you can see!
I would love to see pictures when you're done! That sounds really cute! And I could use the ideas!

I just finished reading a TR with a 1 yr old baby. It was: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2832745
Coincidentally, I ran across that exact TR last night and stayed up late reading the whole thing in one sitting. Loved it! If there's anything that could convince someone that taking a 1-year-old to WDW is a brilliant idea, all the adorable pictures in that TR are it! So cute with loving all the characters! I can only hope that Dug Baby will be like that little one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter