• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poor Unfortunate Souls ~ A Spooktacular Trip Back to the World! UPDATE Reality Check

I'm here, I'm here!

Great start to your trip- so glad that your Poly arrival was all it should be!

Can't wait to read the rest!

Yay, thanks for making it over :)

Update coming right up :)

OK I'm a bit late, but I have a decent excuse. I was in Disney World. Great start. Sounds like a good 1st night and a perfect way to deal with jet lag! Can't wait for morepopcorn::

I guess you're excused ;) Thanks for making it over :)

Day 1 - Thursday September 30th

Today was our first full official park day and boy were we excited, so much so we were up by 5:30am!!!

All dressed and ready to go, off we went to catch the Monorail to Magic Kingdom. This has always been a tradition to do MK first on our trip. It was an EMH morning, opening at 8am and we just about made rope drop. Which is now something we have to catch at least once every trip as I loooooooooove the Welcome Melody song. Dave had such a huge grin on his face bless, he was like a big kid :lovestruc

WDWTrip201025.jpg

WDWTrip201026.jpg

WDWTrip201027.jpg

WDWTrip201030.jpg

WDWTrip201031.jpg

WDWTrip201034.jpg

WDWTrip201035.jpg

Once the park was opened we made our way inside. This has never happened before, but we were so excited to be there we didn't know what to do first. I spied the tram and said to Dave, it looks empty shall we go for a ride?

WDWTrip201036.jpg

On we hopped for a nice leisurely ride down Main Street.

WDWTrip201038.jpg

WDWTrip201041.jpg

WDWTrip201043.jpg

Just love Disney decorated for Halloween, looks so warm and colourful.

WDWTrip201047.jpg

How cool is Stitch all dressed up as Woody. So wish we could have bought him home :teeth:

WDWTrip201048.jpg

These guys decided to jump on board and serenade us, which was really cool.

WDWTrip201049.jpg

WDWTrip201051.jpg

We made it to the Hub, thanked our driver (Wish I could have given him a sugar lump).

WDWTrip201054.jpg

The Dapper Dan's very kindly posed for pictures.

WDWTrip201057.jpg

They even sang A Very Merry Unbirthday to Dave, as it wasn't his birthday just yet :teeth:

WDWTrip201058.jpg

WDWTrip201059.jpg

Up Next...Where did we go next?

looks like a great start to an MK morning!

I've never been on the tram.. and with the Dapper Dans?! .. magical moment! :wizard:

ps - I like why you chose the name for this TR! That's one of my favourite Disney songs... I love ones that 'tell a story', and Ursula is such a fab villain!
When DF & I are ever in the World of Disney store.. we always seem to here the 'Hawaiian Rollercoaster' song from Lilo & Stitch.. so that song reminds me of DTD! :cutie:

looks like a great start to an MK morning!

I've never been on the tram.. and with the Dapper Dans?! .. magical moment! :wizard:

ps - I like why you chose the name for this TR! That's one of my favourite Disney songs... I love ones that 'tell a story', and Ursula is such a fab villain!
When DF & I are ever in the World of Disney store.. we always seem to here the 'Hawaiian Rollercoaster' song from Lilo & Stitch.. so that song reminds me of DTD! :cutie:

This MK day was a really good one and started the trip off really nicely :)

We experienced lots of new things like the Dapper Dan's. Was really cool when they hopped on board and then sang to Dave :teeth:

Man that song was in our heads throughout the entire trip, but we love it :teeth: Ooooh Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride is our fav Lilo & Stitch song :stitch:

Steffy, I love your start at the MK. And how cool that you got to ride the trolley car and then have Dave be serenaded. :)

wow great start to MK Day!we loved the opening show too, DBF couldn't believe how much effort was put into opening the park! trolley ride and dapper dan's singing happy unbirthday, pixie dust must've been in the air!:goodvibes

weird coincidence but one of our quotes of the holiday was DBF Singing in a creepy voice
'never underestimate the importance of ...body language...boom boom boom boom boom' accompanied by a weird shimmy dance! :rotfl: so was happily surprised when i saw your title!

Reading about your entrance into MK gave me chills! Such a magical way to get down Main Street!

Steffy, I love your start at the MK. And how cool that you got to ride the trolley car and then have Dave be serenaded. :)

It was something new and a first. Am really glad we hopped on :teeth:

wow great start to MK Day!we loved the opening show too, DBF couldn't believe how much effort was put into opening the park! trolley ride and dapper dan's singing happy unbirthday, pixie dust must've been in the air!:goodvibes

weird coincidence but one of our quotes of the holiday was DBF Singing in a creepy voice
'never underestimate the importance of ...body language...boom boom boom boom boom' accompanied by a weird shimmy dance! :rotfl: so was happily surprised when i saw your title!

Lol, it is a catchy song isn't it and quite good for a villains one :)

It was a fantastic first MK Day and the opening is so much fun, it really gets you going ready to take on the park. Defo alot of effort but well worth it :teeth:

Reading about your entrance into MK gave me chills! Such a magical way to get down Main Street!

Even though its slow it was a nice ride taking in Main Street and all its sights and smells :teeth:

Where did we leave off, ah yes we just left the Dapper Dan's to head over to...

WDWTrip201062.jpg

To grab a FP for SM, snapping a few pictures along the way...

WDWTrip201064.jpg

WDWTrip201065.jpg

WDWTrip201066.jpg

When who should we bump into but none other than...

WDWTrip201068.jpg

Our first Character of the trip :teeth: After catching up with Stitch we grabbed our FP's for Space and then headed on over to Fantasy Land.

WDWTrip201077.jpg

WDWTrip201078.jpg

Checked out the construction going, can't wait to see how the new Fantasy Land turns out.

WDWTrip201079.jpg

WDWTrip201080.jpg

WDWTrip201081.jpg

First ride of the day was...

WDWTrip201083.jpg

Then...

WDWTrip201089.jpg

Next up was Dave's fav...

WDWTrip201091.jpg

WDWTrip201095.jpg

WDWTrip201098.jpg

WDWTrip201087.jpg

Then on to ride The Regal Carousel, or whatever its called these days.

WDWTrip201088.jpg

WDWTrip2010101.jpg

WDWTrip2010102.jpg

Hate seeing the attractions all covered up like this.

WDWTrip2010104.jpg

Next up was Peter Pan, love this ride. So cute flying over London and Neverland.

WDWTrip2010107.jpg

All of Fantasy Land was walk on and we were done in less than an hour. Gotta love getting there early.

Next up was another walk on for...

WDWTrip2010108.jpg

WDWTrip2010113.jpg

WDWTrip2010114.jpg

Cntd...

Some artsy shots

WDWTrip2010115.jpg

WDWTrip2010116.jpg

Had to get a stocks picture, doesn't he look cute :laughing:

WDWTrip2010126.jpg

WDWTrip2010128.jpg

We also bumped into Frontier Donald, but only got pics on Photopass. He looked all cute in his Davy Crockett outfit. We had these Japanese girls behind us who went nuts for him when it was their turn, bless them.

It was time for a rest and something to snack on, so we headed on over to Sleepy Hollow to try for the first time some...

WDWTrip2010129.jpg

It was delish :cloud9: Although we had to share as it was just too huge for one.

After our snackage we went to check out BTMR which was walk on, we also grabbed a FP for later on afterwards. Then it was on to...

WDWTrip2010134.jpg

We rode with this old couple who were really sweet and had been coming to Disney for years. We got soaked, but not from the drop noooo, we got soaked from another logs back splash. I don't think you really get wet on the drop anymore, its mostly just before the first climb.

Then it was off to Pirates, but not before hopping in line to get a picture with Pirate Goofy (again on PP), he looked quite cool in his pirate garb. They should have another alternating character dressed up to hang in that spot with Goofy, like Daisy or Minnie as a Pirate Princess. Pirates was a 10min wait after that, but I don't we waited that long, everyone was taking the left hand entrance and we went for the right. Turns out it really is the right entrance to go for as we walked all the way round straight onto a boat :teeth:

Our FP's were ready for SM so off we trekked to Tomorrowland, catching the Move It Shake Parade along the way.

WDWTrip2010139.jpg

WDWTrip2010143.jpg

We didn't take many pictures as we were on a mission to get to Tomorrowland through the big crowd that had formed.

I still don't like Space even after the refurb, I think this time it was worse. I kept smashing into the safety bar everytime we jerked and also kept hitting my arm :( Dave loved it though, he enjoyed watching the woman in front of us keep lifting out of her chair at certain points :rolleyes:

After Space we browsed around the stores in Tomorrowland, I was soooooooo tempted to buy this "little" guy.

WDWTrip2010144.jpg

I have this pic as my background at the mo. Love it!

WDWTrip2010145.jpg

WDWTrip2010146.jpg

I settled on some Silver Minnie Ears instead.

WDWTrip2010149.jpg

Browsing done, we made our way over to Stitch's Great Escape for our first ride ever. I was a bit sceptical as I love Stitch but am not keen on rides that have things scurrying and such. It was an alright ride, the only thing I didn't like was when the restraints kept moving, it was like it was trying to bore into my shoulders, not very pleasant :(

Some more piccies

WDWTrip2010153.jpg

WDWTrip2010154.jpg

After Stitch we made our way back over to...

WDWTrip2010156.jpg

To hop on a Jungle Cruise. At some point beforehand we had grabbed a FP for this as the wait was 20mins long, but the line was right out the "door".

WDWTrip2010160.jpg

WDWTrip2010166.jpg

WDWTrip2010168.jpg

WDWTrip2010175.jpg

Cntd...

After Jungle Cruise we had a hankering for a Raspberry Lemonade Slush, so off we went to Enchanted Grove.

WDWTrip201076.jpg

WDWTrip2010176.jpg

We also had a FP for Buzz that was ready for use, so after our slush we took a spin at being Space Rangers.

WDWTrip2010179.jpg

My score was quite pitiful, so much so I didn't take a pic, this was Dave's...

WDWTrip2010178.jpg

Then it was back over to the other side of the park to check in for our Lunch ADR.

WDWTrip2010181.jpg

WDWTrip2010182.jpg

Can you tell it was starting to get really hot? :laughing:

Up next: Where Did We Eat?

Stefy, what a great update. You and Dave got so much done your first morning...I am simply amazed.

I am so happy that your FIRST character was your FAVORITE character (despite it being my least favorite character ;). The pictures are great.

I'm going to guess you ate at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Sounds like a stellar MK morning so far!! BTW, grrrr for you finding those ears day one morning. I was looking for THOSE particular ears from the moment we arrived and didn't find them until day 5!!! AND I LOVE the raspberry lemonade slush! My fav (non-alcoholic ;)) drink in WDW!

looks like a fab first morning! :goodvibes

nice to see you both in one of the many tshirts you bought for the trip :goodvibes

loving those silver ears.. I'm deciding between the red/holly ones and those on my next trip.. might have to copy you and Nikki & buy the silver ones! :rolleyes1

Emma princess: x

Loving the updates!! I remember those silver sparkly ears from your FB/Twitter posts.... those are the same ones Ariana tried on!

2009_0822pics0001.jpg

We should have gotten them for her, they're so cute!

Yay, Magic Kingdom on the first day! That's my favorite thing to do. Good start to the day. Looks like you guys got a lot of things done early.

Stefy, what a great update. You and Dave got so much done your first morning...I am simply amazed.

I am so happy that your FIRST character was your FAVORITE character (despite it being my least favorite character ;). The pictures are great.

I'm going to guess you ate at Liberty Tree Tavern.

It really does pay to get there early and the crowds are quite manageable until it hits late morning around 11am-12pm ish.

It was cool that Stitch was our first character, he was lots of fun messing around. I asked if he was having a good day and told him to be good when we said goodbye :stitch:

Sounds like a stellar MK morning so far!! BTW, grrrr for you finding those ears day one morning. I was looking for THOSE particular ears from the moment we arrived and didn't find them until day 5!!! AND I LOVE the raspberry lemonade slush! My fav (non-alcoholic ;)) drink in WDW!

Lol, I love my ears. Got another pair later on in the trip which I also love. I think the sequin ones are the best, its a shame they didn't really have that many styles in the sequins though, would have snapped them all up :teeth:

Garden Grove is a fav spot of ours to go to have a quick break. Its normally always quiet and its cool to people watch :)

Joining in!

You did so many things your first morning! I'm very impressed!

Love the Silver ears!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in :)

I love that we were able to do all of Fantasy Land in the space of an hour, although we did miss out on Dumbo this year :(

looks like a fab first morning! :goodvibes

nice to see you both in one of the many tshirts you bought for the trip :goodvibes

loving those silver ears.. I'm deciding between the red/holly ones and those on my next trip.. might have to copy you and Nikki & buy the silver ones! :rolleyes1

Emma princess: x

Thanks :) Yep Minnie was the first tee of the trip, can't remember what I wore for our second day. But I bought nearly all of my tees on this trip, had to leave a few behind though for overpacking reasons :teeth:

Oooh the Holly ones sound cool, you should get those because its festive and get the silver ones too :cutie:

Loving the updates!! I remember those silver sparkly ears from your FB/Twitter posts.... those are the same ones Ariana tried on!

2009_0822pics0001.jpg

We should have gotten them for her, they're so cute!

Hee hee that was the pic I posted :teeth:

They really are cute ears, maybe you could get them this year for Ariana :)

Yay, Magic Kingdom on the first day! That's my favorite thing to do. Good start to the day. Looks like you guys got a lot of things done early.

Thanks, MK on the first day is a tradition for us, kinda gets you all geared up for everything Disney :teeth:

What an awesome day one that the two of you had! :goodvibes

I have never ridden the trolly down Main Street and hope to get to do that some day!

It looks like you were able to get a lot done pretty quickly. I remember us texting when you got your funnel cake...I was so jealous!!! :lmao:

I've not been on SM. For some reason, I just don't care for coasters in the dark. :confused3 Sounds like I am not missing much?

So, did you have a hard time getting Dave out of Philharmagic? I know he really loves that attraction. :wizard:

I can't wait to read more.....popcorn::

Hey Stefy, just wanted to stop in and say hi. Thanks for putting the link to here on your pre trip or I probably wouldn't have found it for another month or so. Been following along via my phone while at work and it's getting me all kinds of hype to go back......NEXT WEEK!:cool1:

Keep the updates coming!

L8r,
-Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter