Pools

cdestecroix

Gabrielle
Hello,

My family and I will be visiting Disney in September 08. We are staying at POFR. We have a very busy day planned at AK on September 14th, which starts early and finishes late since we want to see the Jungle Jammin' parade. We also have a reservation for dinner at BOMA in the evening. Is it possible for us to bring our swim suits to the park and then go to the AKL pool after the parade to refresh and relax before our ADR at BOMA? We will not have time to go back to POFQ to use the pool. Is this done? Is it considered bad Disney manners to use another resorts pool?

Thank you,

Carolle

No, I'm sorry, it's against the rules.

You can only swim in the resort at which you're registered.

Carolle

Crazy at it sounds, that is the "rule" , which I don't disagree with....

Now I am not usually a rule breaker but before I knew that rule, we did exactly what you said. Came from park and went to Wilderness Lodge, went in a bathroom and then went swimming. It was no biggie and maybe things have changed because I heard that some resorts have bracelets (though I stayed at AKL and saw none that I recall.)

I'm not saying break the rule, just saying I was a REBEL and did not even know it and I LIKE IT (everyone says I am the "prim and proper" one) !! :rotfl2:

For what it's worth, my husband was at AK in May. He said they got completely SOAKED at Kali River Rapids. It might be a way to cool off without actually swimming :)

I would ask at the hotel. We stay at SSR and have been told you can pool hop as long as the pools aren't at capacity (we usually go in Jan. so not a problem). There are certain ones you can't use. I know the the Board Walk & Beach Club are out for sure.
Shelly

We've stayed at AKL several times, and I can say with quite a bit of certainty that they have not had wristbands or anyone checking your KTTW or ID. The pool is huge, and is therefore hardly ever "crowded", although I've never been there during a holiday week. There is a bathroom right outside the pool deck in between Mara and the game room that has showers, changing rooms and hair dryers.

That being said, pool hopping is officially against the rules.

So is re-using last year's refillable mug.

So is ordering a child CS meal for adult, or using a child DDP credit to purchase an adult CS meal.

It appears to be one of those selectively enforced rules.

It is against the rules.Hotel pools are for the resort guest paying to stay at that resort.The only pool where it is actively enforced was the yc/BC ...they check resort ids and hand out bracelets.I know sometimes they check id s at AKL..it depends on how crowded the pools get.I personally wouldn't do it, but I just am not that interested anyway in the pools, I have one in my yard and can swim when i want to, plus the idea of lugging around a beach bag worth of wet bathing suits does not appeal to me.

I would ask at the hotel. We stay at SSR and have been told you can pool hop as long as the pools aren't at capacity (we usually go in Jan. so not a problem). There are certain ones you can't use. I know the the Board Walk & Beach Club are out for sure.
Shelly

DVC members can hop to all pools EXCEPT akl, and yc/Bc ( I think those are the only 2 exclusions)

Thank you all for the replies.....I might just play this one by ear and not go to AK so early in the morning...Merci...

HI,

I have a question about this as well but here is my ???

We will be staying at one resort and my brother and his family will be at another. Could we have his kids swim in the resort we would be at with our kids so that they have some down time from the parks or is this not allowed as well?

HI,

I have a question about this as well but here is my ???

We will be staying at one resort and my brother and his family will be at another. Could we have his kids swim in the resort we would be at with our kids so that they have some down time from the parks or is this not allowed as well?

It depends...If it is Storm along Bay at BC/YC they may not let you since they hand out bracelets for that pool and you need to show resort ID.

Hello,

My family and I will be visiting Disney in September 08. We are staying at POFR. We have a very busy day planned at AK on September 14th, which starts early and finishes late since we want to see the Jungle Jammin' parade. We also have a reservation for dinner at BOMA in the evening. Is it possible for us to bring our swim suits to the park and then go to the AKL pool after the parade to refresh and relax before our ADR at BOMA? We will not have time to go back to POFQ to use the pool. Is this done? Is it considered bad Disney manners to use another resorts pool?

Thank you,

Carolle

AKL has one of the only Disney hotels that are restricted from pool-hopping even from DVC members with the pool-hopping perk. The reason I've heard for tight restrictions is that AKL only has one pool (no quiet pools) and the amount of traffic must be restricted because of the animals nearby. :confused3

That said - there is PLENTY to see and do at AKL without messing with carrying a change of clothes around and crashing the pool. There's a nice playground, resort activities throughout the day and evening (at no charge - just check the daily schedule when you come in) and lots and lots of savanna viewing areas. There's also early evening storytelling at the fire at the savanna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter