• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pools - DL v GC for 2,4 and 6yo

5ofus

DIS Veteran
Looking at renting a cabana for our first afternoon and understand we can rent at either hotel if we're staying at the Grand. I was wondering what would interest my boys more the DLH monorail pools or the Grand's pool? Ideas? Suggestions? The older boys can swim, the younger one is fearless.

I haven't checked availability yet so it might not even be possible for our dates!

I don't think my kids are the norm in that they liked the one slide at the Redwood Pool (not counting the toddler-size one) better than the multiple slides at the DLH (they were 8 and 9 at the time). They said the lines were too long for the monorail slides--and this was the week after Thanksgiving when the resort wasn't packed. I'm sure the vast majority of responses will be for the DLR pools. Personally, I'd be thrilled to spend the day in a cabana at either resort! Isn't it great when there's no wrong choice?

I don't think my kids are the norm in that they liked the one slide at the Redwood Pool (not counting the toddler-size one) better than the multiple slides at the DLH (they were 8 and 9 at the time). They said the lines were too long for the monorail slides--and this was the week after Thanksgiving when the resort wasn't packed. I'm sure the vast majority of responses will be for the DLR pools. Personally, I'd be thrilled to spend the day in a cabana at either resort! Isn't it great when there's no wrong choice?

Another vote for GCH! Our boys are ages 6, 13 and 14 - all good swimmers. While they're interested in the DLH pool, we all like the theming of the GCH pool. We're renting a cabana there later this month, and will report back!

My DD (7) was not a big fan of the DLH pools either this year or last year. The monorail slide pool is ankle deep everywhere and the lines for the slides is always really long- longer than at our local waterparks or community pool. Your 2 year old will probably love it, but the older kids may get bored of it pretty quickly. The other 2 pools are 4 feet deep everywhere with no shallow end at all, so there is no where a kid can stand and play unless they are taller than about 50 inches. They have to either hug the side or actually swim. Also, be aware that you can't see all the areas at once so you can't keep an eye on wherever the kids are from one place. I did alot of packing up and moving from pool to pool. We don't have any experience with the GC pool so I can't tell you much about that one.

I've stayed at both the Grand and DLH and both have nice pools. Personally, I like DLH's pool better with the slides. But everyone has their preferences.

my dd (7) was not a big fan of the dlh pools either this year or last year. The monorail slide pool is ankle deep everywhere and the lines for the slides is always really long- longer than at our local waterparks or community pool. Your 2 year old will probably love it, but the older kids may get bored of it pretty quickly. The other 2 pools are 4 feet deep everywhere with no shallow end at all, so there is no where a kid can stand and play unless they are taller than about 50 inches. They have to either hug the side or actually swim. Also, be aware that you can't see all the areas at once so you can't keep an eye on wherever the kids are from one place. I did alot of packing up and moving from pool to pool. We don't have any experience with the gc pool so i can't tell you much about that one.

g

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter