• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pools at Animal Kingdom lodge/villas

EdnaMode

Earning My Ears
Good morning!

So hubby and I stayed at Kidani village with a savanna view a few years back and I loved it! It was January so we didn't even look at the pools. We are going in October now with the kids ages 8 and almost 6. They are used to staying at OKW and love the pool there however, I think they would love the ak, but how are the pools? October has been both warm and freezing for us in the past so the pool may not even be an issue but just in case...

Thanks so much!

Our DS who's now 10 loves the pools at both Jambo and Kidani - AKV is our home resort since 2010 and we've stayed at both now. The Kidani pool feels more remote and disconnected from the resort than Jambo's. He took part in some of the poolside games at Jambo and gave us a chance to relax by the pool.

What do they like about the OKW pools? We're headed there in 9 days for the first time.

What else would you like to know about the AKV pools?

Thank you for the help! I really think they will be happy with it!

The OKW main pool has a slide that they love and they have games and movies at night. Not pool related but we rented a Pontoon boat our last visit and that was a lot of fun too! Took it to Down Town Disney and back.

:) You have to try the Lava Smoothie from the pool bar (non-alcoholic and great!). I like the remoteness of the Kidani pool and the luxuriousness (is that a word) of the Jambo pool. Jambo is larger than Kidani but Kidani is much more little kid friendly and then older kids love the pool games. You will have a great time. My MIL has promised she will join me in the pool in May 2014, we will see.

Our DS who's now 10 loves the pools at both Jambo and Kidani - AKV is our home resort since 2010 and we've stayed at both now. The Kidani pool feels more remote and disconnected from the resort than Jambo's. He took part in some of the poolside games at Jambo and gave us a chance to relax by the pool.

What do they like about the OKW pools? We're headed there in 9 days for the first time.

What else would you like to know about the AKV pools?

Try the "Ice Cream Drop" and the treasure hunt (can't remember if that was exactly what it was called) at the OKW pool. Our kids were 10 and 8 and loved the pool activities. We did the treasure hunt as a family and won a treasure chest full of prizes (pins, arcade tokens, stuffed animal, etc).

We haven't stayed at AKL but walked by the pools at both resorts and the kids thought they looked like fun (and that was after a great time at the OKW and SSR pools). They want to stay at AKL on our next trip.

My boys like the slide and the water play area at Kidani better than the pool at Jambo. They are both nice though.

If your kids enjoy roasting marshmallows, be sure to do it in the evenings. There seemed to be no limit to how many the kids could have!

We made the move! We got a savanna view at Kidani. The kids are super psyched to stay at a different place. My big one was a little upset at first since OKW is like her second home, but then she went online and researched it and now she can't wait!! October can't come quick enough!

Oh and my kids LOVE marshmallows! We roast them in the fireplace all winter long! So that will be awesome for them!!

AKV is our home resort, and we've stayed in both the Jambo and Kidani buildings. They are both amazing, but we prefer the peace and quiet at Kidani. My kids love the pool at Kidani, particularly the slide. Anything you need to access at Jambo is a quick walk or shuttle bus ride away. Enjoy your stay!

I just did a split OKW/Kidani in Feb.

The water slide at Kidani is way better than the slide at OKW. I went down both many times. I'm not embarrassed that I'm some 36 year old dude going down a slide with a bunch of 10 year olds. Just cause I'm old doesn't mean I can't enjoy a water slide!

JasonKat- I am just slightly older than you and DH and I slide at OKW and will at Kidani weather permitting! It started as a way to show our little ones that it was not scary- but hey it was a good time!

The water slide at Kidani is way better than the slide at OKW. I went down both many times. I'm not embarrassed that I'm some 36 year old dude going down a slide with a bunch of 10 year olds. Just cause I'm old doesn't mean I can't enjoy a water slide!

Bravo, good man! We're right there with you!

I love the Kidani slide. Now I am a 46 yr grandma and I go down with the son and grandson. My daughter loves it too...shes the grown one. Waiting for her younger son to get older so I have an excuse to go down.:rotfl2:

My kids love the Kidani pool. In addition to the movies and marshmallow roasts, the hot tub and flamingo viewing area are near the pool. The kids could watch flamingo feedings and ask questions to the CM's then get right back in the pool. Also the Boma kitchen is close by where the kids did a cookie decorating activity.

Jasonkat said:

I love the slides too! I don't think age matters. Be careful on the kidani slide though to make sure to put your feet down at the end, I landed on my back once and got a nice scrape.

I am 45 water slide guru! We have no kids. We have stayed both. I prefer KV in the warmer months as we love the pool and hot tubs. They have afternoon pool party which lasts for about 2 hours. Everything from bingo to frog races to trivia. The community hall is a fun thing too. We love the pool!

We stayed at Jambo this past October with our boys. They like the pool there - it is large- but loved the pool at Kidani. The slide is better there and they enjoyed the pool party more. Both are great pools, but my boys have already requested OKW for our next trip. They love that the basketball and tennis courts are so close to the main pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter