• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

First of all, I am so happy that you did not get injured in that accident. The car looks really bad! I once had a job where I had to deal with car accidents, so I got to see lots of pictures of damaged cars. I think you are absolutely right that without the airbag, things could have been much worse! And you were lucky that the car hit you at the end of the front door where there is a connection between roof and floor that adds stability (we call it the "B column"). Sorry that you had to give up on the light blue color, that was really very nice! But a new car is nice, too!

The pizza looks really delicious! I think I need to put Napoli on the list for restaurants for the next trip (still a long way away though...).

I am glad things were not worse I certainly did not need that as well. I am happy with the new car, and things are pretty much back to normal that way.

Via Napoli pizza is YUMMY.

So nice to see some pics and catch up. The new car is pretty! Understand about the light blue...I would prefer that as well...but it is still very nice. :)

Aww, I do love WS in the rain....almost like strolling through each Country in the rain. :cloud9:

Since I haven't been back to WDW much the last few years! have not had a chance to try Via Napoli ...the pizza does look delicious! Is it thick or thin crust? Dessert looks yummy!

New avatars!! Yours is fabulous!! And Marv's new avatar and comment ....perfection!! Absolutely wonderful!

Do ya'll have a trip in the works this year? Always nice to look forward to more pics - especially since it is the closest I will get to Disney for some time. No Disney attractions until this shoulder is completely healed...given age and the massive injury and repair, it will be at least a year for the gentle attractions...no more bouncy/jerky ones ever again. Oh, well, never much enjoyed those anyway. ;) My daughter is seriously considering a move to Sarasota - we leave May 1st for a week to visit a couple of private schools...then it is possible the move could happen by August 1st! It would be fun to be able go over for a couple of night when friends are at WDW. :cool1:

Don't mind after the rain but Florida rain can be tough to walk in.

Yes - give your shoulder time to heal properly and then gently get it to cooperate.

Exciting about the possible move. Hope all that works out.

Pat - Your EE challenge is SO close! Wow - totally didn't realize it was next weekend. NICE! I hope you guys do great and love it! Good luck. Sorry I can't be there to cheer you on like you did for me!

I don't know if I'll be able to be back here before you head out to your EE Challenge, but if not, GOOD LUCK! You've trained hard and are ready, so ENJOY and race hard! :)

Your ticker says only 4 more days!! @Poolrat and @GoofyFan1515, I hope you have a fantastic trip to WDW and a very successful run!!

Marv, I am expecting you to be at least as fast as Drew!! Since you kept telling me his 5k times every time I ran a 5k, your goal should really be to beat your baby son's time! It can't be that hard!! ;)

Marv, I am expecting you to be at least as fast as Drew!! Since you kept telling me his 5k times every time I ran a 5k, your goal should really be to beat your baby son's time! It can't be that hard!! ;)
As soon as I turn 18, I'll try to match his 5k times also............ :rolleyes1

Pat - Your EE challenge is SO close! Wow - totally didn't realize it was next weekend. NICE! I hope you guys do great and love it! Good luck. Sorry I can't be there to cheer you on like you did for me!

Yes it is. I leave after work tomorrow to start the drive. A night race is new for me.:faint: Lets just hope I don't trip in the dark and slow Marv down too much. :blush:

I don't know if I'll be able to be back here before you head out to your EE Challenge, but if not, GOOD LUCK! You've trained hard and are ready, so ENJOY and race hard! :)

Fingers crossed. Weather looks good so all systems are go!!! I know we appreciate all the support!!!!

Your ticker says only 4 more days!! @Poolrat and @GoofyFan1515, I hope you have a fantastic trip to WDW and a very successful run!!

I hope we do too!!!! :goodvibes As for Marv being as fast as Drew.... Drew would be done before we cross the 2 mile mark. :rotfl:

As soon as I turn 18, I'll try to match his 5k times also............ :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Think of us Sat night as we run through AK. Weather should be great. This trip will be short so Maybe I can manage an update of that trip when we return. I hope to have lots of pictures to show. :goodvibes:cheer2::cheer2:

Have a magical weekend!! Cannot believe I am going to be so close but not close enough to stop by! At least I'll be in the same state as several of my DIS friends this weekend...one step closer to actually being in the same place at the same time! :flower1:

Happy and safe travels! :grouphug:

Hope it all went well !!I spoke to you just before the race !! Judy is now in Florida for a few days with Dave , it is different without her around , peaceful :rotfl2::rotfl2: She left me a 6 page note on what to do for Kyle :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I didn't realize you were doing the run! Congrats!!!

We are enjoying Bradenton Beach and visiting Sarasota...most people are so laid back around here!

Safe travels home!

Yes, I am trying to keep up with old friends that are still here...I have very limited access to internet and need to be wise on how I spend my time. BUT....just had to see how y'all are doing!!!!!!!!

Have Fun and thanks for the well wishes

Yes PLEASE!!

Have a magical weekend!! Cannot believe I am going to be so close but not close enough to stop by! At least I'll be in the same state as several of my DIS friends this weekend...one step closer to actually being in the same place at the same time! :flower1:

Happy and safe travels! :grouphug:

Have a good race and trip!

Thanks Everyone - This trip was race oriented but nice weather and a new place to stay for us.

Hope to run into you. Safe travels and good luck with the run.

We never did cross paths. :sad: Hopefully on the next trip.:flower3:

Hope it all went well !!I spoke to you just before the race !! Judy is now in Florida for a few days with Dave , it is different without her around , peaceful :rotfl2::rotfl2: She left me a 6 page note on what to do for Kyle :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope Judy had a nice trip. It was good talking to you - Hope all is well and clear now. :earseek:

I didn't realize you were doing the run! Congrats!!!

We are enjoying Bradenton Beach and visiting Sarasota...most people are so laid back around here!

Safe travels home!

Glad you enjoyed your trip. So does this look like a move is in your future?

Peep Back at ya!!!!

Jordan!!! Welcome my friend!!! :yay: :welcome: :woohoo:

What he said.

Yes, I am trying to keep up with old friends that are still here...I have very limited access to internet and need to be wise on how I spend my time. BUT....just had to see how y'all are doing!!!!!!!!

Glad we made the list!!! :cool1: Sorry things are very slow around here. Work has been crazy. If I can find some time to at least upload pictures I can do a quickie update on the trip. It was so fast and crazy with the night race and trying to adjust sleep schedules from up early 2 days to up late then back to up early to leave. :faint:

The race was fun and we actually did better than we thought we would. It was a fun event and I really am glad I signed us up to do the last one.

Pat, I'm sorry our paths didn't cross. I guess we went to F&G the day you didn't. :(

I hope a trip soon in the future works out that we can meet up.

Glad you enjoyed the race! And you were lucky to participate in the last one. It sounds like a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter