Pool Slide and Height Requirement?

kmst719

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide weather to stay at the Boardwalk or the new villas at the Animal Kingdom. I am traveling with my 7,5, and 2 year old and noticed the AK has a little slide and a big slide where as the BW only has a big slide. I don't want my 2 year old to be left out and I know he would prefer the bigger slide. Does anyone know if there are any height requirements for the big slides and if so what they are? Thanks!::MinnieMo

Just know that you can't stand at the end of the slide to catch the little one. He/she will have to manage by himself/herself until he/she got away from the end of the slide.

I don't think there are height req. per se, but they need to be able to ride by themself ( no one can ride with or piggyback)and you can not stand at the bottom and wait for them.

Are the allowed to wear life jackets? I know at Dixie Landings you are allowed to wear them and go down the slides. Thanks!

I haven't been at BWI, but my little one wore life jackets on the slides at AKL, WL, Poly, and BC without any problems. I was also always able to stand within a few feet of the catch pool and then go up and grab him after he hit the bottom. I couldn't stand right at the bottom of the slide, but after he splashed down and bobbed up, it's been fine to reach in and tow him out.

Yes they can wear jackets.Occasionally over at SAB at the BC they do not allow jackets, but more often than not it is the lifeguard on duty that day that makes that call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter