Pool Questions

sweetmama17

Mouseketeer
Can you be in the pools before or after posted hours?

More specifically if the hours are 9 or 10 to whenever would it be a problem to be in the pools at 7 or 8 in the morning? We have toddlers who are early risers so pool time super early in the morning is common for us.

Can you go back and use the pool after check out time on the day of check out? We are staying at WL in August and I can see us doing a few rides at MK on our check out day but would love to cool off in the pool before we drive home.

Are baby floats (for a 6 month old) allowed in the pools? And do toddlers have to wear the life vests Disney provides?

I see people who rave about the Value pools but they don't look like anything special to me. Am I missing something? Would love try a value for a 1 night stay in September but pools are still important to me.

TIA!

I like Vale pools because they are big and swimmable. Some others are small or funky shaped, or based on a slide, and you can just paddle around, not swim.

I don't think they have to wear the vests but it would be a smart idea.

We've only ever stayed at the moderate level, but I'm pretty sure you can no longer go in the main pool at all outside of posted hours. We were at POFQ in January, and the posted hours were pretty limited. They were closing the pool by 8:00 PM. We found ourselves leaving the parks an/or skipping out on TS dinners so the kids could swim.

POFQ doesn't have quiet pools, but I think at the mods with quiet pools... those are open 24 hrs. Since the values only have main pools.... I would assume you need to stick to the posted hours.

Can you be in the pools before or after posted hours?

More specifically if the hours are 9 or 10 to whenever would it be a problem to be in the pools at 7 or 8 in the morning? We have toddlers who are early risers so pool time super early in the morning is common for us.

Can you go back and use the pool after check out time on the day of check out? We are staying at WL in August and I can see us doing a few rides at MK on our check out day but would love to cool off in the pool before we drive home.

Are baby floats (for a 6 month old) allowed in the pools? And do toddlers have to wear the life vests Disney provides?

I see people who rave about the Value pools but they don't look like anything special to me. Am I missing something? Would love try a value for a 1 night stay in September but pools are still important to me.

TIA!
You won't be able to go swimming at the main pool of the Wilderness Lodge until the pool officially opens for the day - probably at 9am, although hours change depending on the season. But you would be able to take them to the quiet pool as early as 7am. They don't make children wear life vests. That is something that the parent decides. Baby floats are allowed as long as a parent is controlling it - hanging on - and not letting the baby free-float in the pool.

You can use the resort facilities, including the pools, until midnight of the day you check out. You can use the health club after swimming if you want to shower off before leaving the resort.

Not sure if it is still the same but when we stayed at POP, the 60's section pool was the main pool and the 50's pool and 70's pool were considered the quiet pools, they even had signs out at night telling you they were the quiet pools.

TIA!

You and your registered family are guests at a Disney resort until midnight of the day you check out so this would be fine.

The leisure pools (non-themed pools) have posted hours of 7AM until 11PM. Unless they are closed because of an issue. They do pool maintenance early in the morning, too, so you might not be able to swim early.

We've always been able to hop into the quiet pools earlier than posted at POR. It's an awesome wake up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter