Pool Question BC vs. BWI

Having stayed at all 3 Epcot area Disney resorts, my personal preference by far is SAB. I found the BWI pool to be very plain and average in comparison ... the roller coaster themed slide is kinda cool ... but that clown is kind of creepy to me. :eek:

Not that I'm biased or anything but my family and I tend to spend a ton of time at Storm Along Bay, so I can say with all certainty that IT ROCKS!!, especially when compared to the people eating clown slide at Boardwalk Inn.

In all fairness, since pictures of that scary clown slide were posted, I will now post pictures of our stay at Storm Along Bay to remove the burning, scary clown face from your retinas.

Here we are pictured in a family portrait while luxuriating in the sand bottomed goodness that is Storm Along Bay. Please note the lack of "Scary Clown slide", which if you happen to look at even once, will remain BURNED in your BRAIN for all of eternity, which is really not good for your brain!

Noodle family portrait at SAB by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Next we have a picture of the family in a rental tube available at Storm Along Bay so you can enjoy the Lazy River, Oh, what's that?? Why NO! The scary clown pool at BWI does NOT in fact have a LAZY RIVER, but it DOES have a psychotic clown face which will be burned in your.... well you get the idea...

Noodles tuben by BC/YC Pool Noodles, on Flickr

Like I said before, I am totally NOT biased when it comes to preferring one pool over another. I just can't bring myself to traumatize my wife and kids with that SCARY CLO... well you get the idea.

Paul Noodle

Not that I'm biased or anything but my family and I tend to spend a ton of time at Storm Along Bay, so I can say with all certainty that IT ROCKS!!, especially when compared to the people eating clown slide at Boardwalk Inn.

In all fairness, since pictures of that scary clown slide were posted, I will now post pictures of our stay at Storm Along Bay to remove the burning, scary clown face from your retinas.

Here we are pictured in a family portrait while luxuriating in the sand bottomed goodness that is Storm Along Bay. Please note the lack of "Scary Clown slide", which if you happen to look at even once, will remain BURNED in your BRAIN for all of eternity, which is really not good for your brain!

Next we have a picture of the family in a rental tube available at Storm Along Bay so you can enjoy the Lazy River, Oh, what's that?? Why NO! The scary clown pool at BWI does NOT in fact have a LAZY RIVER, but it DOES have a psychotic clown face which will be burned in your.... well you get the idea...

Like I said before, I am totally NOT biased when it comes to preferring one pool over another. I just can't bring myself to traumatize my wife and kids with that SCARY CLO... well you get the idea.

Paul Noodle

:lmao: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Although I have to say that CR Resort Fan 4 Life's picture makes the scary clown look almost benign; that's the first picture of the clown that doesn't make me shudder! :thumbsup2

To the OP since there are already pictures of Stormalong Bay already posted here, it's only fair that I post pictures of the Luna Park Pool so you can see what it looks like.

I agree, nice pics, here are some SAB from TestTrackBoy-hope its OK to borrow.

Keep in mind the entire Luna pool would fit inside the 5th pic of just the kids play area.

testtrackboy1-1.jpg

testtrackboy6-1.jpg

testtrackboy5-1.jpg

testtrackboy4-1.jpg

testtrackboy3-1.jpg

testtrackboy2-1.jpg

Paul Noodle

Lol! PN you are tooooo much!!

Also if we all liked the same thing the world and Disney would be very very boring!! Everyone's tastes are different... what works for one might not work for someone else which is why Disney is so amazing.... there is a pool and something for everyone! Good luck to the OP with the decision you make... I'm sure your kids will just love the fact that they are at DisneyWorld!!

~Nannette

The BW pool is a fun pool but SAB is a mini water park, its 3 acres. In fact the reason at times it closes earlier than some pools is that the lifeguards there have to be water park certified because it is so big.

Nothing at Disney can compare. If your kids are strong swimmers they will love SAB.

Here is a nice video of SAB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpPpoPmnOU

Paul Noodle

:laughing: Oh Paul, you always have so much to say about SAB.

SAB is fantastic!

A few years ago we did a Grand Gathering where we took our entire family - younger kids, older kids, married kids, grandchildren and my mom (who was celebrating her 80th birthday). From the youngest who was 3 to the oldest who was 80 every single person LOVED SAB! There definitely was something for everybody!

Now don't even get me started on the Scary Clown Pool. One of my dd's had a clown phobia so BWI was definitely out and DH swore the clown looked just like Pennywise from "It" so a no go for us!

No one even mentioned that on top of the fabulous pool (mini water park) you can get the best cheeseburgers ever right there at Hurricane Hannah's. Heck, you don't even have to leave your lounge chair, they have servers that come and take your order the bring you your food!

OK, booked BWI- but my kids are big swimmers and are enthralled by BC's really cool pool, but I heard the BC's pool closes early in the evening- 8 Pm or earlier? While BWI also has a (slightly less, to my kids) cool pool with a slide that stays open until 11 PM. My kids enjoy a late night swim on vacation. It could be a seeling point to me if BC pool stays open late- prices at BC and BWI are identical right now for the dates I want.

Confirm? Deny? Experiences?
Pixarmom did an excellent job of answering your question. I just wanted to add some Luna Park photos for you to see and also mention that personally, my DD did not like SAB as much as she enjoys the pools at the other Deluxe resorts. She was 11 the last time she was at SAB and she felt that compared with the other Deluxe pools, SAB was much more crowded and so spread out as to be less enjoyable on a hot and crowded day. DD felt she'd rather trade all the water features at SAB for a less crowded and hectic pool with fewer features. That's just a personal preference and DD is quite impatient, so your mileage may vary:upsidedow. Also, some parents prefer a smaller pool area, such as Luna Park, where they can more easily watch their children.Good luck choosing:).

:idea:Oh, have you considered a split stay at both resorts?

the-view-of-the-pool.jpg

boardwalkinnpool.jpg

44331_0912190249001901875_STD.jpg

IMG_0004_2.jpg

The is not a picture of Stormalong Bay, it's the beach area in front of the Yacht Club and Beach Club.

Jade - lovely pic - I totally consider it part of SAB - it's an extension of the water-park-esque pool area, for even more seating & relaxing. It's the perfect spot for those who don't want to be in on the fun SAB pool action. There's also the quiet pool as a 3rd alternative. We were choosing between BWI & BC and my kids picked BC for SAB hands down. They loved that there was a beach area right there as well, BWI did not have that to offer.

Thanks KOOK for those beautiful LUNA park pool pics....I am another who didn't really love SAB, I found it very large and spread out....I didn't like having to get up and out to cross the bridge to other sections of the pool, it was confusing and I just wasn't wowed by it.....My teen (14 at the time) son even preferred AKL pool to SAB. I am looking forward to the compactness of LUNA PARK pool, and I think the kiester slide looks like one of the most fun, uniquely themed slides at WDW.....I can't wait to try it in October.....:goodvibes there is a resort and a pool that will satisfy everyone, eventually....lots of choices is good :)

Just adding my vote for BC & SAB. We stayed at BCV in mid-March 2011 & loved SAB. It did close at 8pm, but we found it was too chilly to swim at that time anyway. The quiet pools were open much later & the pool by the villas was actually warmer than SAB, too. My 10 year old niece was really impressed with the sand bar & sandy bottom. She also loved the big slide. It was a fairly busy pool, but we never had a problem finding 2 or 3 chairs next to each other.

A lot of posters on Dis seem to have an irrational fear of clowns, well I have a morbid fear of sand. It is called sandaphobia.

Whenever I see pictures of SAB I totally freak out, and those pictues of SAB have just burned a hole in my retina. The only cure seems to be for me to look at the beautiful image of the clown slide at Luna Park.

Also, if anybody is interested I have free tickets for the next Ringling Brothers circus when it comes to Orlando, which I understand will feature at least 50 clowns. You will be able to see clowns being shot out of a cannon, clowns riding horses, and other fantastic clown events. My day would be made if they can aim the cannon at the Beach Club, and shoot the clown right into SAB. Now wouldn't that be something?

I'm sorry but the clown would have to have a valid wristband for admission to Storm Along Bay.

Please hang up and don't try again.

Paul

Also if we all liked the same thing the world and Disney would be very very boring!! Everyone's tastes are different... what works for one might not work for someone else which is why Disney is so amazing.... there is a pool and something for everyone! Good luck to the OP with the decision you make... I'm sure your kids will just love the fact that they are at DisneyWorld!!~Nannette

Amen to that! OP, I'm sure what ever you decide to do your children will have a great time. Don't stress over it. Go with the best deal you can get from a room perspective and just enjoy yourself!

Happy planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter