Pool Hopping

It's not updated on the members site. I wonder why. This is what there is:

Pool Hopping Information for 2007
You and any Guests staying with you at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Villas or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are permitted to use other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the Resort hotel at which you're staying) if they are not at capacity.

If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a Host/Hostess at the Front Desk of the Resort hotel you wish to visit to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current "Key to the World" card with your Disney Vacation Club "Member" designation on it to use other Resort hotel pools. Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time because of capacity limitations. Due to expected high occupancy, Disney Vacation Club Members may not "pool hop" during the following dates*:
February 18 - 24, 2007
March 31 - April 8, 2007
May 25 - 28, 2007
June 30 - July 7, 2007
August 31 - September 3, 2007
November 19 - 25, 2007
December 16, 2007 - January 2, 2008
*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool

Do you think they are going to do away with pool hopping?

Bobbi:goodvibes

If you log into dvcmember.com, find "Member Perks", "Recreation", "Water Activities", you'll find the rules but the blackout dates are for 2007. :rolleyes: The latest DisneyFILES magazine lists the 2008 blackout dates on page 28, but not the rules..

So, here are both, in one place for you :

From dvcmember.com
"You and any Guests staying with you at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Villas or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are permitted to use other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the Resort hotel at which you're staying) if they are not at capacity.

If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a Host/Hostess at the Front Desk of the Resort hotel you wish to visit to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current "Key to the World" card with your Disney Vacation Club "Member" designation on it to use other Resort hotel pools. Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time because of capacity limitations. Due to expected high occupancy, Disney Vacation Club Members may not "pool hop" during the following dates"

2008 Blackout dates from DisneyFILES magazine:
Feb 17-23
Mar 15-29
May 23-26
June 28 - July 5
Aug 29 - Sep 1
Nov 24-30
Dec 14 2008 - Jan 4 2009

I love pool hopping - one of the best perks from DVC - it really makes me feel like I "own" the world. Hope you get chance to experience it too.

"You and any Guests staying with you at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Villas or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are permitted to use other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the Resort hotel at which you're staying) if they are not at capacity.

...Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

I love pool hopping - one of the best perks from DVC - it really makes me feel like I "own" the world. Hope you get chance to experience it too.

If you are not allowed to use Storm Along Bay or any of the leisure pools at BCV, then what pools would you use? Isn't that it -- Just SAB and the leisure pools?:confused3

If you are not allowed to use Storm Along Bay or any of the leisure pools at BCV, then what pools would you use? Isn't that it -- Just SAB and the leisure pools?:confused3

You can't pool hop to any of the pools at YC/BC. You can only use SAB and the quiet pools if you're staying at YC, BC, or BCV.

Thanks for the info. you all have been great. We have stayed at SSR our home resort and OKW and are looking forward to seeing the other DVC resorts. DS10 wants to try to use all of the pool slides on our next stay. We wil be staying at SSR 07/12-07/19. :yay:

If you log into dvcmember.com, find "Member Perks", "Recreation", "Water Activities", you'll find the rules but the blackout dates are for 2007. :rolleyes: The latest DisneyFILES magazine lists the 2008 blackout dates on page 28, but not the rules..

So, here are both, in one place for you :
From dvcmember.com
Pool hopping is not available at Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or at the leisure pools of these two Resort hotels. There are no exceptions to this policy.

You can't pool hop to any of the pools at YC/BC. You can only use SAB and the quiet pools if you're staying at YC, BC, or BCV.

That's what I thought, the wording in the dvcmember sight regarding pool hopping to BC is confusing. They should simply state, no pool hopping to BC and AKV allowed period.

Just so I understand, since I am staying at AKV, the only pool I cannot hop to is YC/BC? If I wanted to hit the vocano pool at the Poly, I could do that, right? As long as it is not at capacity I know.

and do you really go to the front desk and ask if you can pool hop? or do you normally just go to the pool? We'd leave if it looked very packed but I know my DD wants to try out a bunch of pool slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter