Pool Hopping When Not Staying at a Disney Hotel?

jmb910

Obsessed with anything Disney!
I will be staying with a friend in a couple weeks that lives there locally. Anyone know if we can use the pools that are allowed to be used without having an actual room reservation? I would assume it depends on if the security guard asks for more than just my DVC card? Thanks :).

Officially, I would say No! BLT is gated and you need your card to get in, and I think same for AKL. And BCV, I believe you get some kind of band and they are strict there.

Hoping you have nice stay in FL.

Wouldn't that make it a "public" pool?? am I mistaking your question, you are asking if Orlandoians can use Disney's facilities??
or will your friend have a room on site?

I apologize I'm unsure. so if your friend is staying onsite, I think the general rule is you can use his resorts pool as a guest of us under certain conditions.
As bbn 1122 said, there are a few pools that are strictly for guest of that resort. BC/YC, AK and BLT are the ones where I've seen you need proof. not sure of the other deluxes

No, only people with a reservation, are allowed to use the Disney pools. Just being a DVC member does not allow someone to use the facilities.

Your last comment wasn't implying trying to sneak in, I hope.

Sorry no, per the DVC website.
Pool Hopping Information
When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort, or Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.

You must present your Magic Band or current Key to the World card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other select Resort hotel pools

Thank you for the help :). Right, we do not have a room reservation, as she lives locally. I was just seeing if we could go to the pool at say, Coronado Springs without a room reservation and just my DVC card. It looks like we can't without a room reservation. Thank you!

think you still get a discount at Tycoon Lagoon or the Blizzard thing - of course even with a discount it won't be cheap

I will be staying with a friend in a couple weeks that lives there locally. Anyone know if we can use the pools that are allowed to be used without having an actual room reservation? I would assume it depends on if the security guard asks for more than just my DVC card? Thanks :).
Some timeshares do allow day use but DVC never has and likely never will. You could get a room for one night and use the pool for 2 days for all listed on the reservations somewhere.

I suggest that you make a day of going to one of the water parks. There are lots of water parks here in Orlando, check out groupon, or the websites for discount. I know that Sea World normally has some kind of deal going that includes Sea World and their water park.

A couple of times, when my DD was little, another friend with kids and I would go half on a room for 1 night, check in early use the pool, and hang out and go over to DTD for the evening and swim on Sunday then head home later in the day, it was like a mini vacation for 2 single moms on a tight budget.

I look at it this way, when you are staying and paying at the resort how would you feel, if you knew that a group was using the pool, towels, chairs, etc. and they did not pay to use it, and your family could not find a spot to enjoy the pool that they paid for? Trust me I would not be to happy about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter