• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool hopping logistics

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
Walk me through the details.

How do we get in to another hotel’s pool area? I assume my room key from a different hotel would not open the gate.

Are there dressing and/or showers available in or near the pools? I’m excited for the resort time on my next trip, but don’t really want to walk between hotels in my bathing suit.

If I have charging set up with my home resort, can I charge a drink or snack at another resort with my room key? It would be nice not to bring money or a credit card, but I don’t know how connected the hotels are, despite being run by the same hotel company.

Anything else I should consider?

We did it last year. We went to the front desk of the hotel and they gave us a “fake room key” to open the gates. Charging privileges extended between hotels. Not sure about changing rooms- I just wore a cover up over bathing suit in the lobby

Travel between hotels may be more cumbersome depending on where you want to go- say from Adventura to Hard Rock- taking the shuttle in wet swimsuits could be uncomfortable. Going from Adventura to Cabana Bay is just across street, and any from Sapphire Falls to any of the premiere hotels is a couple water taxi rides. I don’t recall changing rooms but there are always bathrooms.
Unless you’ve got a real burning desire to pool hop the pools at all the resorts are nice enough to enjoy without needing to hop.

Unless you’ve got a real burning desire to pool hop the pools at all the resorts are nice enough to enjoy without needing to hop.
I could see someone staying at RPR maybe wanting to hit a pool with a slide. They could quickly and easily walk over to the Sapphire Falls pool. Or someone at Sapphire Falls wanting to play in the RPR interactive pool play area. Maybe someone staying at HRH wants to spend a few hours in a bit quieter pool area. They could quickly walk over to the PBR adult pool. Or someone staying at Aventura might want to spend a day at a pool with slides, lazy rivers, waterfalls, etc. So they might walk over to the CBR pools for a few hours.

While I personally haven't had a burning desire to pool hop, I could see some individuals/families that might have reasons to want to pool hop for a day or half-day.

I currently have reservations at RPR for two nights, followed by CBBR for three.

We last stayed at CBBR, and loved the pool areas. Actually, we liked them better than VB. We didn’t like the Tapu-Tapu system at all, so after a few hours there one afternoon, we never went back, despite the proximity.

I booked RPR for the express pass, with the thought that we’d spend the first 2-3 days hitting the parks hard with the EP access. Then the last 2-3 days doing some parks stuff, but definitely dialing it back and enjoying the various pools. Since we didn’t care for VB last time, I’m not going to spring for tickets there this trip, especially when we will have access to so many different pool features at the resorts.

Am I correct in my understanding that the Endless Summer resorts do not have pool hopper access?

I don't recall seeing changing areas at the pools, but I know the restrooms are very clean and would be large enough to change in which would be suitable for me. You can charge with your key card at other resorts, but I will caution that it does not work after check-out time on your last day. I always suggest bringing a credit card as a back up just in case something goes awry.

You are correct in that if you're staying at Endless Summer, pool hopping is not permitted. However, I'm not certain if you can hop to their pools if you're staying elsewhere.

We have pool-hopped to Cabana Bay, Hard Rock and Sapphire Falls on different occasions - we usually just lounge about / have a bite to eat until we have dried out enough to be comfortable walking or taking the water taxi back to our "home resort" (wearing an appropriate cover-up, of course!) but we did use the lovely shower/changing facility in the fitness center at Sapphire Falls one time which is very near the pool area.

I don't recall seeing changing areas at the pools, but I know the restrooms are very clean and would be large enough to change in which would be suitable for me. You can charge with your key card at other resorts, but I will caution that it does not work after check-out time on your last day. I always suggest bringing a credit card as a back up just in case something goes awry.

You are correct in that if you're staying at Endless Summer, pool hopping is not permitted. However, I'm not certain if you can hop to their pools if you're staying elsewhere.
From the pictures I've seen, the pools there seem to be just large regular pools with no special features. Even if pool hopping TO endless summer were allowed, I don't think many people would take advantage. It's kind of like the All Stars at Disney. No, pool hopping isn't allowed from other resorts, but there's no enforcement at All-Stars like there is at other hotels because they're not much of a draw.

I considered a stay at ES to try it out. The theming looks cool, and a family suite there is the same price as a regular room at CBBR. But ultimately, the ability to just walk down from my room and chill in a lazy river was more important to my family, and my kids absolutely love CBBR. It was only after I booked that I leaned the ES folks can't pool hop.

We have pool-hopped to Cabana Bay, Hard Rock and Sapphire Falls on different occasions - we usually just lounge about / have a bite to eat until we have dried out enough to be comfortable walking or taking the water taxi back to our "home resort" (wearing an appropriate cover-up, of course!) but we did use the lovely shower/changing facility in the fitness center at Sapphire Falls one time which is very near the pool area.

Thanks for the tip. I will check out the fitness center as an alternative. I was kind of thinking it might be nice to bring our suits with us to the parks, and then just go to whatever hotel we wanted for a pool break, and then back to the parks.

I'm assuming all the pools have towels available at poolside, correct? Don't really want to schlep my own.

The fitness area at CBBR has lockers and showers (2nd floor area of main building). No room key required to access those. That is usually where I am staying so I am not sure about gaining pool access with your card, as someone said you may need to stop at front desk. There is an outdoor shower at the Villa Pool at PBH, and free lockers inside the restroom area there (no room key needed for Villa pool). I have always found towels at the pools. I don't think you can use the fitness centers at RPR or PBH if you are not staying there.

If I am staying at Royal Pacific, are there any Universal hotels I am not allowed to pool hop to? Which ones has lazy rivers or slides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter