Pool home suggestions

mermaidmuse

Mouseketeer
We have just booked our March break tickets for Disney :woohoo: and now need a villa to rest our heads. We always stay in a villa due to my daughter and husband's food allergies (makes eating much easier) and love the areas of Rolling Hills, Indian Ridge, Emerald Island etc. Our two favourite homes though are booked! :sad2: Any suggestions for us - we need a 4 bedroom home close to the parks at a great deal. Thanks so much! :goodvibes

We've rented from Jan at ourfloridavacationhomes.com several times. Her houses are off of 27 in Davenport - about 15 minutes from the driveway to Disney property. None of the really fancy stuff you sometimes see (like game rooms and home theatres) but well-maintained, clean, and all the amenities. She also has great prices and will sometimes offer discounts a few months out.

We have used All Star Vacation Homes and rented one of their Windsor Hills home. Very good service.

and rented from arnavhomes.com. The homes are managed by All Star, but you rent directly from the owner for about 1/2 the all star price. We got a 6 BR with pool heat, taxes, etc for less than $1200, the price of many 4 BR homes. :goodvibes

We stayed at Windsor Palms in September. The drive was easy - we could be at WDW in minutes, but yet the location was quiet. The community was small enough that we could walk from our pool home to the clubhouse.

www.windsor-palms-florida.net has homes at windsor palms rented by owner.

It's been a few years but my family has stayed at Sterlingvacationhomes.com a few times. We've stayed at Formosa Gardens, which was a HUGE house, very beautiful and extremely close to DW. We've also stayed at their Dolphin Springs Villa, it was a bit further from DW, but also a nice home.

The owner rents all the homes herself and she's very nice and easy to deal with. I recommend her to folks all the time.

www.loyaltyusa.com

We rented from them (ask to speak to Yvonne) and they were great and their properties were wonderful. We rented the home "Cinderella's Castle" and it was fantastic.

For the past several years we've stayed in Rolling Hills with www.sjsvillas.com and loved both the home and the great rate! They are open all but one week in March. You should check them out.

Meanwhile, I feel you pain. This home search is a lot of work! We changed our dates to accommodate our new SIL so now have to find another home. I'll admit, we've been spoiled: 6 bed, 4 bath, lake view for under $1,000 total. That's hard to match. There are some great deals out there, but sorting through them sure takes time.

I wish there was a site where you could select neighborhoods, size of home (5 or 6 bedrooms) necessities ie: pool, laundry, at least one king bed & 2 queen, at least 3 baths, etc. your dates (we're looking for 1/15 to 1/22 or 23), click the mouse and the offers would come to you.

I'm using VRBO, Home Away, Bidvilla, Villarentors and others, but still no decision, so I'm open to all offers and tips. Thanks.

We've always stayed with Florida Leisure and had some great family times. The homes are very well maintained and we always look forward to our annual trip to "our" vacation home. I say "our" because that's how we refer to it now! Just can't beat sitting by the pool watching the sun go down with a book and a nice drink. :cool1::cheer2:

Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone! :goodvibesWe've had lots of offers - still not convinced we've found the "one". :surfweb:Our dates are pretty popular. We were spoiled last year - we had a week in March in Rolling hills in a 4 bdroom for $300. :eek:Yup - you read that right! I know we won't get even close to that but we can dream! haha Keep any suggestions coming! Thanks!

Depending on the week and the availibility, you should be able to rent for less than $900. The Lindfields are nice, West Side of I4, and it is very easy access to all parks.

We always stay in a villa and love the areas of Rolling Hills, Indian Ridge, Emerald Island etc.

That is a great area and so convenient to Disney.
Two more gated resort communities there are Windsor Hills & Windsor Palms. These are also among the more expensive places, but if you book direct with an owner you should make a savings on going through an agent.

I second the lindfields. We just got back from a stay there and were about 10 minutes from the parks. If you would like to know the place we stayed just pm me and I will send it your way.

Well we are booked! :banana:Found a great place in Indian Creek - 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and a kiddie pool for $850 for 8 nights. Very pleased with this! Not the cheapest deal we were offered - that one came in at $540 (but I was a bit suspicious of it - not sure why) but we just loved the size and location of the house!:lovestruc
Thanks to everyone who made suggestions - really appreciate it!:goodvibes
Cheers,
Crystal

After our search, which included a spreadsheet detailing more than 50 homes and their offers, and some counter offers, we found a home in Indian Creek as well. The deciding factor was the beds: 2 kings and 3 queens. Since our group is all adults, we couldn't take advantage of the great deals we found in Windsor Hills, (bunk beds) but this house is very close to our favorite place in Rolling Hills.
I'll be interested in hearing from you after your trip as to how you liked Indian Creek.
We got some really low offers as well that just didn't sound right.
We ended up paying $1,000 for a 5 bedroom, 4 bath home with all taxes and pool heat included.
Hope you have a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter