Pool Hoggers

I'll admit to having done this. I've never taken "prime" real estate... but I've saved two chairs in the shade for my family of 4 as long as we would be returning in a timely manner (30-minutes or so). Rules are rules... you can't complain about people bending/breaking some and not others... i'm sure everyone here ALWAYS discards their FP once their time runs out... or has never made two ADR's with intention of picking the one that fits them best... or have ever used Disney transportation even when they weren't staying onsite.

:confused3 I would be happiest if people just watched their kids at the Kidani pool.

i'm sure everyone here ALWAYS discards their FP once their time runs out... or has never made two ADR's with intention of picking the one that fits them best... or have ever used Disney transportation even when they weren't staying onsite.

Hummm - Yep, nope and nope. So I take it I'm the exception? Yes I also have bought a ticket for each kid when they turned 3 (even though the rest of us had another 3 months on our APs :sad1:), I don't re-fill sodas and we all wait outside the ride until that one person finishes in the bathroom.

And you know what happened? At the beach last week one of the vendors inadvertently gave my son change for a $10 when he gave her a $5 and he went back (after walking away until he noticed) and told her about the mistake and made it right. And I wasn't even with him.

He was very proud of himself... as was I

Hummm - Yep, nope and nope. So I take it I'm the exception? Yes I also have bought a ticket for each kid when they turned 3 (even though the rest of us had another 3 months on our APs :sad1:), I don't re-fill sodas and we all wait outside the ride until that one person finishes in the bathroom.

And you know what happened? At the beach last week one of the vendors inadvertently gave my son change for a $10 when he gave her a $5 and he went back (after walking away until he noticed) and told her about the mistake and made it right. And I wasn't even with him.

He was very proud of himself... as was I

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

During Christmas week a large group of people had around 12 chairs saved. I watched and waited about 20 minutes and no one came to claim them. I finally claimed 2 from myself and goofydad while our children swam. They finally returned about another 20 minutes later. One of the ladies asked why I had taken 2 of "their" chairs. My response was, "no one was using it so I sat down." She started to argue and realized maybe she didn't have a reason to argue. They only used about 5 of the chairs they had saved.
Something similar happened to us last month when we came to the AKL pool at 10:45. I found 3 chairs under an umbrella. Next to us someone had left their stuff but were nowhere in sight. 45 minutes after we came a family of 3 came. They sat next to us in their "saved" chairs and made a comment about how we took "their" chairs. They weren't here when we came. They still have their junk on their chairs and only one of the five they had "saved" are being used.

This is why you turn the stuff in to the lifeguard....

Then you just look at them with a blank look and say "nothing was here when I sat down" :lmao:

Seriously, I do that and it's true. Since I took the stuff to the lifeguard as "lost" then "nothing was there when I sat down" (And of course the folks who come after me are really legit since 90% of the time the "lost" have not come to claim their stuff before I leave)

I do use my FPs in the window and since I don't have kids the "under three" rule is not one I care about. I also don't reuse my mugs. :rotfl2:

My DH still wonders how long that dad sat there before his family showed up.

If that dad's family is anything like my daughter's he has my sympathy. "When will you be down?" I'll ask them. "In a couple of minutes dad." "Okay, I'll wait at the pool." Then, for some reason, the space-time continuum experiences a glitch in which my daughters are sucked into a worm hole that stretches a couple of minutes into an eternity. Then the quandary. Should I leave or should I stay? Usually I leave because I don't do well waiting. If the kids gripe I say tough, there are other folks that could use the lounge, table or whatever right now. No need to be a hog. I'll just take a seat at the Gurgling Suitcase while you swim.

WalkThePlank.jpg

Sammie

I couldn't help but LOL when I saw your figures....it is an option...but what would be the alternative(s)?

CaskPeg:banana:

Back to the quiet pool since that guy left the chiggers to protect
His stuff:eek:

This is a general challenge I've seen as well, especially at BCV

I have seen this situation over and over at the resorts and on the cruise ships. On our last cruise on the Dream, DH saw cast members monitoring lounge chairs and removing towels from chairs that were unattended for a while. DH was amused to watch a woman argue with a CM who moved the stuff from "her" chair! We also saw a group of chairs saved where the family left notes for each other on where they were and when they were coming back! Unbelievable!!

PS. We also make sure to use our fastpasses within the allotted time!!

This didn't happen at a WDW Resort but a few years ago my family and I ran into this exact problem at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key. Just like the pools at the WDW Resorts they also have a sign saying not to save pool chairs, however there was one morning when we went to the pool area after breakfast and all the chairs were taken. The problem was no one was in the pool or sitting down at them, they were off having breakfast. So when we mentioned this to the front and later that night when we returned to our room was a card with an appology and saying we got a free dinner at their restaurant. That was going above and beyond anything we could have wanted, so maybe another idea is complaining to the front desk of the resort you are staying at.

I just realized there is one place where I haven't seen many "reserved" pool chairs -- Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

I think the most likely reason is the way they do their pool towels. The towels are free in unlimited quantities, but you have to sign for them. When you return them, they give you your receipt back. If you LOSE one, there is a $25 charge per towel billed to your room. I'm sure that was instituted to prevent theft of towels, but it probably also helps the pool-chair "reserving" issue as well.

Another possible explanation might be the huge number of chairs available. Each pool we visited (4 of the 5) had an abundance of chairs, so it just may not be necessary to "reserve." Of course, we were there in May, so it might be a different story in the busier periods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter