Pool bar permanently closing at Vero Beach? WHere do we eat for lunch?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
So we have a last minute trip booked to VB and weve never been! We found out last week that Shutters is closed (or relocated). I thought I also read on the Disney website that the pool bar is permanently closing end of summer! We are going late September. Is this true? Where does that leave guests who are enjoying the pool and beach to get lunch and drinks? Considering there isn't much around other than a 20 minute drive, this seems unfair to take it away! Any idea when its closing and which other options will be available for us?

After reading about all of these closures, I wish I could move to SSR but there is nothing available! ugh!

Green cabin is horrible. Get a grocery delivery and make your own lunches or plan to eat offsite.

I didn't know shutters was closing. Is it for a refurb, or permanent? They had good food and great service, but always sat empty because if you called the reservation line you were told they were full. When we talked to them they said they knew this was a problem but hadn't been able to fix it.

They are temporarily serving food out of the Green Cabin Room.

Long term, they are basically turning Sonya's and Shutters into one table service restaurant and a larger quick service venue. The original poolside Bleachers Bar & Grill will be more of a dedicated bar.

A bit more info here: http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...348-wholesale-changes-planned-for-vero-dining

Probably a long overdue project. The resort was never big enough to support two sit-down restaurants...especially when scaled-down 20 years ago. Sonya's operated very infrequently and was pretty much a waste of space. Better quick service options will appeal to most people. And hopefully the new sit-down location will be versatile enough to host a variety of events throughout the year.

We always bring a cooler with drinks to the pool. Pizza place near resort delivers to the lobby.

I have done 2 stays at vero, I can only think of one time we ate at shutters (worst meal of trip) and one time getting food at pool bar.

I didn't know shutters was closing. Is it for a refurb, or permanent? They had good food and great service, but always sat empty because if you called the reservation line you were told they were full. When we talked to them they said they knew this was a problem but hadn't been able to fix it.

This one gets added to my list of how computers have taken over the world. Amazing that DVC IT could not fix a call-in system that is literally putting you out of business. Can you imagine how fast the phone lines would be fixed if the Disney CRO reservation system always told people who called to reserve rooms that none were available?

Last edited:
This one gets added to my list of how computers have taken over the world. Amazing that DVC IT could not fix a call-in system that is literally putting you out of business. Can you imagine how fast the phone lines would be fixed if the Disney CRO reservation system always told people who called to reserve rooms that none were available?

I agree 100%. Character breakfast was so empty - even though the resort overall seemed very busy - Goofy came back FOUR times. Then we would hear people saying they hadn't been able to get a reservation for character breakfast. We stopped calling the reservation line and just went to the restaurant podium instead. It was so strange.

Love love love Green Cabin Room.

Love love love Shutters for BREAKFAST and Sunday Brunch. Dinner just okay.

Enjoyed Bleachers for an afternoon burger and beer. Will be sad to see it go.

Ate at Sonyas twice. Both times very good, but yes it was a ghost town.

MG

Well these renovations sound very interesting. The dining options at VB have been a real negative to us. We do like the Green Cabin Room for lunch, but I never could seem to find anything I liked at Shutters and the pool grill closed so early. It is such a pain to go offsite to eat also. I hope part of the renovations is a better counter service restaurant that stays open later than the pool grill does. Plus I hope they redo the Shutter's menu.

Haven't been to VB too often but I for one am sad about Shutters. I have have several good meals there. Always either just walked up or went to the podium to make a reservation. How crazy that the system for calling in did not work! The pool bar was always a bit annoying though. And we did not have great luck with food at the Green room.

I recently visited Vero and was able to see the concept drawings of the renovations. It's an inconvenience right now but it is going to be absolutely beautiful. The dining facilities/options will be much improved and there will be an actual pool bar with seating as opposed to just a carry-out window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter