• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool at Marriott GV

Hi~ We're going there from the 6th to the 11th. I hope that its going to be great! For those who have stayed at the MGV before do you think its possible to come during the day from the parks for a nap/swim? Or is there too much traffic and not really worth the drive? Just asking.. Have a small 2 yo DD.

Originally posted by wuv tigger
For timeshare information check out www.tug2.net For $15 you can get a lot of advice and reviews on 1,600 timeshares. We personally purchased from Marriott and are very happy and would not do it differently.

Westgate is usually considered bad because of the intense sales pressure that is put on you. If you go on their tour you are in for several hours with the salesman, the manager, the managers manager, etc. until they wear you down or out.

David

Gosh good to know! Thanks for the headsup. I will check out that othersite too. Thanks :)

Originally posted by liz mommy
For those who have stayed at the MGV before do you think its possible to come during the day from the parks for a nap/swim? Or is there too much traffic and not really worth the drive? Just asking.. Have a small 2 yo DD.

We were at MGV from May 30-June 12. We had a wonderful time visiting the parks and originally planned to take mid day breaks but we found the time involved didn't make it work for us.

It was a 10-15 drive to WDW, then you have to park your car and walk to the park...so the process would take appx. 30 minutes. We had a group of 11 with several people that needed to take things a bit slower so we figured that it would take us about 45 minutes to get back to the resort. The traveling time and effort to go back to the resort and then back to the parks later didn't work for us.

The new pool opened on June 4th. I think I was expecting a lot more because I was a bit let down by the new pool. The new pool does have some action going on with 2 water cannons, some water fountains near the zero-depth entry and 2 basketball rims. But no slide...which I would think is standard for a resort pool by now. The new pool was very crowded the day we visited but the kids did have a good time.

We had a great time in Orlando and wouldn't hesitate to stay at MGV again.

We stayed at MGV in early May with a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 year old and found that mid-day breaks worked well for us. We would typically head for the parks to be there in time for opening (no problem as the kids are early risers), eat lunch no later than noon, hit a couple more attractions and head back to the villa around 2 for naps/swim. We'd usually head back to the parks (sometimes eating an early dinner first, sometimes just snacking at the park) around 6 which got us there in time for evening shows.

One tip is to take International Dr. south taking a right at the last light where you have to turn. Not sure what this road is called (World Center Dr. maybe?) but it brings you out right at the huge Orlando World Marriott complex where you can jump on the Disney roads (just follow the signs). We found this to be faster than taking I-4. One night we stayed for Spectro and Wishes and left right at park closing and the MK was packed but we were back in our condo 45 minutes after the fireworks ended, exiting, monorail, tram and drive included.

For those of you who have stayed at MGV...we will be there 7/8 to 7/12 via a timeshare promotion. We have a 4 yrold and 6 yrold. Is there a particular building or location on the property that you would recommend asking for - one that is convenient to the pool/amenities (ie short walk) and parking, but also somewhat quiet with maybe a decent view?

Lisa,

I would request buildings 81-83 if at all possible. I only faxed my request about a week before we went; we just got back last Friday. These buildings overlook the lake and are convenient to both pool areas, the Marketplace, etc.

When you leave the hotel, it really is more convenient to head to the parks down International Drive. You just turn left out of MGV and go to the end of I Drive. Turn right onto 536 and it takes you straight to the parks - you can also take the same way back or can take 4 eastbound and get off at exit 71 - Sea World and turn right onto I Drive.

Anymore questions, feel free!

Kelly

Originally posted by Bella the Ball 360
Harry O I asked you this in another post but you must not have answered. I live in Mass too and I want to know since you live in Pilmouth, where are the good sea food restaurants in Plimouth? Do not like the one down on the water front , Lobster Hut. Do you know anything about the one next to it. It looks fairly new and trendy.

I'm not Harry, but I also live in Plymouth. Lobster Hut is about my favorite place for seafood. Haven't tried the East Bay Grill, but was disappointed in its predecessor at that site. Try the Mayflower at the bottom end of the waterfront area. Its in the marina just past Town Brook. Also, for Italian food, go to Mama Mia's also on the waterfront.

Thanks Jeff,

I will try Mayflower. Kind of ironic that you mention it though since I just got back from a class at Plimoth Plantion and was just now taking a break from writing a lesson plan on the Mayflower. I was disappointed in Lobster Hut. Will try the East Bay Grille too and let you know if it is good. Will be doing Weight Watchers by the end of the summer too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter