Pooh? What's the attraction to this attraction?

our kids love it 8,3, and 1 (even he tries to bounce with tigger). I get a kick out of my kids enjoying it.

When we visited with DD (then 2.5 yo) last year we wore a track down in the pavement between Pooh and Buzz. We alternated fastpasses for these two rides and threw in IASM or the carosel, etc. to fill in between. The ride is charming, although pretty standard Disney fare. DD, however, could not get enough of it and even stood patiently waiting for it. There are die-hard Pooh fans out there of all ages (I think I heard somewhere that Disney makes more off the lisencing for Pooh than for Mickey). I'm not a huge Pooh fan, but seeing the grin still on DD's face for the 8th time around converted me.
BTW my parents and brother saw the one in Japan and said it is way better...don't think we will brave that plane ride with DD though....

I like Pooh ride. It's nice and relaxing. It's even more fun when you look for the hidden Mr. Toad and Mole pictures.

When I went about a week or two ago, this was the longest line! The wait said 50 minutes, so my family and I decided it can't take that long. So like freaks we waited in line and it did last about 55 minutes before we got on the ride. I must say I was disappointed. If I would have known I wouldn't have waited all that time.

Dont get me wrong, I didn't say I hate it - I am just saying it is not worth the wait.

DW and I do the Pooh ride every trip, and I know we'll be on it at least 2 times this trip, Grandson 4 will be with us, and he loves the ride. Although I did not know that it is the same track as Mr Todd's Wild Ride, interesting.

I liked Pooh...so did DH...i just thought it went to fast...i could barley take pictures and enjoy the ride

Karnak said:
wondering WHY the ride is a fastpass attraction. ,,, since the Pooh ride was accorded the status of being a fastpass ride, and therefore popular, perhaps the Figment ride in Epcot should also be made into a fastpass ride, thus causing it to also be very popular.y
Rides are accorded Fastpass because they are already popular, not to make them popular.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

familyfirsttimer said:
Please do not flame me, I am really just asking for input. I rode the Pooh ride last year (1st trip) and even my DD6 said it was boring. Can you please tell me why you love this ride? I was going to skip it this trip but if the kids might enjoy it this time, I hate to rule it out. So many seem to love it.
TIA!

I love it simply because I love Pooh and related characters. No, it's not an exciting ride, but it's cute and very well done and I guess for me it really oozes "Disney." Two years ago my then-4-yr. old, during the floody part, got all wide-eyed and gasped and said "Mom!...are we on the water?!" Now that's a good ride! :goodvibes

I would rather have Mr. Toad then Pooh, but I just go with the flow.

Also, my family refuses to ride this with me, as it is too lame for them, but they are not of toddler age.

Also, I ride Snow White by myself, but just because I like the Evil Queen. :teeth:

We're fans of the Pooh gang so we enjoy this ride. I'd never been exposed to Pooh as a child so when we were newly married and my dh discovered my lack of culture he read all the Pooh books to me. :sunny: I'll always have a soft spot for Pooh!!
Julie

DISUNC said:
It's cute & you get to go :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: :tigger: !!!!

That's exactly it!! I love bouncing with Tigger! DH makes us get several fastpasses for Pooh every time we go.

I agree, the one at DL is not as good. :tigger:

This (and Peter Pan) are definate FP attractions for us. To me this is what makes the fast pass so great - these are nice little rides and ones we want to go on, but would probably skip them if we would have to wait an hour in line for the 2-3 minute rides that they are.

I love this ride because even though it's packed during the day, usually in the evening when a lot of little kiddies have gone home there is virtually no wait, just walk on!

So a short evening ride line is it's major appeal to my family. Who doesn't like a ride with no wait, no matter how corny it is?

This is kind of a silly question. Obviously the ride is for very small children (all those one year olds need a ride, don't they?) and for Pooh fans. Duh.

mumzie2three said:
This is kind of a silly question. Obviously the ride is for very small children (all those one year olds need a ride, don't they?) and for Pooh fans. Duh.

Seriously, I asked for no flames, meaning no judgements either (i.e. Duh.). I HAVE small children who were fairly bored last year but I read over and over how many people LOVE it, that's all I was asking, why do people love it, the music, the bouncing, etc. And just in case you didn't read the other posts, plenty of people seem to be Pooh fans that are not small children and love it too.

LegoMom3 said:
I love it simply because I love Pooh and related characters. No, it's not an exciting ride, but it's cute and very well done and I guess for me it really oozes "Disney." Two years ago my then-4-yr. old, during the floody part, got all wide-eyed and gasped and said "Mom!...are we on the water?!" Now that's a good ride! :goodvibes
Love this!!!

Pooh is also one of my favorites, for all the reasons LegoMom3 said, and I'm 36. I suspect it will still be one of my favorites when I am 76! ;)

It just makes me happy. :) I feel like I'm a storybook, and the figures and effects are really well done, compared to the older dark rides. It's right up there with Peter Pan for me.

familyfirsttimer said:
Please do not flame me, I am really just asking for input. I rode the Pooh ride last year (1st trip) and even my DD6 said it was boring. Can you please tell me why you love this ride? I was going to skip it this trip but if the kids might enjoy it this time, I hate to rule it out. So many seem to love it.
TIA!

Hi ,we all like diffent ride's :thumbsup2 , We do like the pooh ride , My DS grow up with Pooh in his room when he was a baby. And the ride tell a story, we have read many times. My DS LOVE :love: POOH ,And he is 7 . He rode the ride 8 times in 2004, He was 6 then. our first trip .

Everyone ,dose not like every ride at WDW ,We will always like one ride more then other .

Have a great trip :goodvibes :rotfl: :Pinkbounc and ride what you like :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

take care ;)

mary :wizard:

pooh: :earboy2: i think the winnie the pooh ride is a great ride. it makes you feel like you are in the story. i like how it takes all of the all time favorite pooh stories and makes them into a great ride. it is very well done and the animation is great. thats why i like it but everyone has their own opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter