Pooh sizers

dny1112000

Earning My Ears
Our first trip is approaching and was wondering what rides might not be so accomodating for the larger crowd or if they are all Pooh friendly?

I would imagine that Space Mt. might be a tight squeeze. I think if you ask a CM at the entrance, they can take you to a private area where you can "try out" the seat first?

Disney is great for the pooh sized!

One of the other sites, (allears??) has a lot of information about plus sized rides.

I wear 3x clothes and have no trouble on any rides, but must admit that I don't try Dumbo and Astro Orbiter.

We love going to Disney!!!! :cloud9:

As a desk jockey, I find walking and standing in lines from 8 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. every day for a week straight to be the much harder challenge. Good broken in shoes with 2 pairs of socks (at the same time) helps alot. The socks are the key! Some folks get scooters but pride gets in the way. I guess I enjoy pain too much!

You'll be fine. Enjoy your trip.

I wear 2x and have ridden every ride except Mission Space (motion sickness), Soarin and Expedition Everest (they weren't there last time). I plan on trying all of these in 4 weeks.

Im Pooh sized too, so is DH ( I wear a 1x-2x) and DH a 38. Im 6 feet tall DH 6'3". We had no problems on anything. We even went on Dumbo and Alladin together. Barnstormer is the only ride we go on seperatly. Spacemountain we were fine, I found it a bit tight for leg room and that's it. But I had lots of room for my fluff'n'stuff

Not to go off topic but, Body Glide has been a life saver for us. If its your first trip you might not have thought of this. Do a search on here, there are many post about it! :goodvibes

Honestly its been a life saver! :thumbsup2 Have an awesome, magical trip!

Expedition Everest seemed to be a good one for the Big and Tall. I was worried about my dad when a single rider got in the seat next to him. He was quite large but he never got in my dad's space. Turned out it was his 13th time on the ride that morning and it was only 10:30!! :dance3:

As everyone else has mentioned, Disney is very Pooh sized friendly. I am 6'4" and wear 3X clothes and I only have problems on Space Mountain and that is because my legs are a little cramped. One good suggestion though, when get into a ride car with a seat belt, pull the seat belt all the way out before sitting down, its much easier to buckle up when seated that way.

I am short, 5'2", & carry my weight in the middle & found POTC turnstyles a tight fit--does anyone know if they've changed the turnstyles at POTC since last Dec? You could use the wheelchair entrance, though.
I had not a whit of a problem on Soarin'
I am just fearing the plane!

Jean

Definitely check out that allears website, it will put you at ease and give you a lot of good info. WDW is very size friendly indeed. I am pooh sized and have travelled with family members who are pooh sized and very tall and they did everything fine. I must say (as someone else mentioned) that Astro Obitor can be a hassle getting in and out of. But it is hard for skinny people too! It can be tight for two adults but I ride with my kids (one at a time) just fine. Dumbo is very easy to get in and out of and not a tight squeeze at all for me. Have fun, you will see people of all shapes, sizes and ages enjoying the Happiest Place on Earth, and you will too!

P.S. I have ridden Expedition Everest and Mission Space as well as pretty much every other ride at WDW with no problems. I used to be a 22/24 and had no problem whatsoever. Now I am an 18 and don't find the rides much different as far as fitting in but the walking is easier. Take comfy shoes but that goes for everybody regardless of size!

3xer here and have had no problem riding any rides. I've riden them all at least once, and have made choices based on likes and dislikes what to ride again and not how I fit in the seat. You should have no problems. Have a great time.

Okay, at the risk of humiliating myself: I am large, large person. My height and weight are inversely proportional. I am 5'5", wear a 5x, and I am 20 lbs lighter now than I was when I was in Disney last year. The only time I had a little trouble with a ride was Space Mountain (getting in and out), and R&R--but only because I pulled down too far on the bar--had nothing to do with my size. I rode R&R over and over, as well as ToT, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, HM, Pirates, Soarin, Test Track, etc etc...I haven't tried the water parks yet, but will let you know how it goes at TL this Christmas. :banana:

You should be fine--go and ride everything--have a wonderful trip!!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter