• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pooh-sized Waistline

Bubbles331

Earning My Ears
I here about people of higher weights being able to fit on the rides with little to no problems, but I'm a shorty that carries pretty much all my weight in my stomach.

Just wondering if anyone has their measurements and ride experiences?

I doubt you will have a problem. I am only 5 foot even and very pooh, and rode all but tot, rnr, and some of the kiddie rides. I found the orbit or in MK a tight fit but otherwise was fine. Just pull seat belts out before sitting down. Have fun!!!!

The only ride that was a tight squeeze for me was the Astro Orbitor in MK and I am very Pooh sized pooh:

Bubbles331 said:
I here about people of higher weights being able to fit on the rides with little to no problems, but I'm a shorty that carries pretty much all my weight in my stomach.

Just wondering if anyone has their measurements and ride experiences?

Hey there is a thread called everything pooh sized thread. People are giving their measurements and opinions on rides. I suggest you check it out.

I also carry a lot of weight in my waist, and find Universal Studios to be far more of a problem than WDW.

allears.net has a ection on At Large that should help.

I am about 5"3" AND SIZE 26 AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE

I am also pooh sized at 5,4 and 270 and I had no problems with any of the rides at Disney world. :thumbsup2 I have heard that Universal is more of an issue though.

Yeah, I'm 5'4" too, and I have a very big waistline 60 inch plus. So I just get nervous. I was going to go buy the passporter's open mouse book with more detailed information on rides, but OF COURSE not one book store has it in stock. I guess I should just stop worrying and look forward to the vacation. HOPING, when we get back I'll be one of the people saying, "I was so worried and there was absolutely nothing to worry about!!"

DH and I are both Pooh sized and he is very tall and broad shouldered. We were able to ride everything we wanted to. Theater seats are a little tight but if you sit at the front edge and slide back it works better. Pull seatbelts out before you sit and they will be easier too. The AllEars "at large" page is full of info and there is an "Everything pooh sized" thread here on the Tips Board too for more info

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

I am 6 feet even and have a 46" waist. The *only* ride I have ever had a problem with was CyberSpace Mountain at DisneyQuest.

Every other ride, no problem.

I am 5'1 and used to be about 289 pounds. I did Disney three times at that weight and never had a problem. Don't worry, you will be fine! I was also about a size 22-24. Hope that helps!! :thumbsup2

After reading the "Everything Pooh sized" thread it looks like I might be okay...but I am still nervous. I am 5'4" and about 290 with most of my weight in my thighs, behind and stomach. I am most concerned about BTMRR, Splash Mountain, Test Track and Expedition Everest.

Can anyone share their experiences on these rides? Any troubles with lap bars or seat belts? Were they comfortable?

I have never had a problem on any rides ... not even those 4 specific rides you have listed ... a tip for TT is to pull your belt before you sit ... same thing I do for Soarin' ... EE has a pulldown bar ... fit no problem and I am a lot bigger then most of the people who posted ... Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter