Pooh sized question...

jill062604

Mouseketeer
Hi all...I have a few turnstyle questions..... I have read all of the At LArge trip reports, but have a questions for all of the pooh sized people that have just come back....

Dinosaur...
Dumbo....
test track...
Haunted mansion..

Any other smaller turnstyles???
:)

"it's a small world" has small turnstyles, but they'll let you go through the handicapped gate. Lots of people do it.

What is the point of turnstiles?! Its not like all the rides have them , they need to get rid of them!!!!

I just got back from Spring Break and did not have any problems. I am 5 ft 7 and wear an 18 top and and a 20 bottom

I was thinking Pirates of the Caribbean has the small turnstiles...
A lot of times my sister in law would just use the handicap gate. "You don't mind if I use this, do you?" she'd say to the CM, while sailing right through. They didn't mind at all.

I was thinking Pirates of the Caribbean has the small turnstiles...
A lot of times my sister in law would just use the handicap gate. "You don't mind if I use this, do you?" she'd say to the CM, while sailing right through. They didn't mind at all.

That's they key - confidence. Just look at the CM and say something like "I need to go this way" and they'll smile and gladly let you through. Choice two - turn sideways and stand on your tippy toes. That will usually pull the "junk in the trunk" above the actual turnstyle. If you're on the shorter side, that won't work though.

My biggest problem is the leg room on some rides. Small World got really uncomfortable for me.

I dont get it. How pooh sized are we talking?? I have never seen anyone have issues.:confused3

My wife and I are both a pooh sized and on our trip this past Dec. we had no problem what so ever with the rides. Just ask the CM to use the handicap entrance and they will gladly let you use it. The only ride we had issues on was "It's a Small World" not because of the turnstiles but there is very little leg room in the boats. I could literally lick my kneecaps because my knees were tucked into my chest. Other then that you shouldn't have any problems.

Nothing to worry about with PotC now that it has the photocell type non-turning turnstile.

The smallest turnstiles absolutely seem to be at Small World (exit) and Carousel of Progress (entrance). Both have handicapped gates situated right next to them which can be used without issue. I've lost over 130 pounds through diet and exercise in the last two years and have no problems in most of WDW, but that damned CoP turnstile is STILL a struggle! :rotfl:

I also REALLY don't recommend turning sideways through a turnstile. A sideways body presents more width for the bar to pass through and makes you more likely to get caught. A better method, IMO, would be to stretch yourself as tall as you can (especially if you're a petite woman with ample hips), plant a hand down on either side of you, and smoothly, quickly, PUSH yourself through.

Also, on a Small World, and all the 'boat' rides; CMs are often good about directing pooh-sized patrons on the spot to either the front or back row (whichever is largest) on these rides, eliminating the leg room issue. If your CM doesn't, however, don't be afraid to speak up and ask if you can wait for the next boat, or even ask before they give you a row assignment.

I also REALLY don't recommend turning sideways through a turnstile. A sideways body presents more width for the bar to pass through and makes you more likely to get caught. A better method, IMO, would be to stretch yourself as tall as you can (especially if you're a petite woman with ample hips), plant a hand down on either side of you, and smoothly, quickly, PUSH yourself through.
I guess it's all in how you're built. I find it easier to turn at an angle (not completely sideways) and hike myself up over the turnstile. I find that my shorts tend to get caught no matter which way I go through - it's why I always make sure that a family member is behind me and not a stranger who wouldn't really care to see what color underwear I wore that day. :rolleyes1

Don't worry about it! :goodvibes If you see a turn stile that looks like it will be an obstacle, just bypass it altogether and use the "handicapped entrance". People do this all the time, and no one will question you. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter