• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pooh and Dumbo fastpass

cdntink79

Earning My Ears
Are they still located by Mickeys Philharmagic? Also, is it true that the Dumbo FP is not part of the main FP system and you can have passes for this plus another ride at the same time? If so, would it make sense to grab FP's to both Pooh and Dumbo on our way to Little Mermaid at rope drop?

1. Are they still located by Mickeys Philharmagic?

2. Also, is it true that the Dumbo FP is not part of the main FP system and you can have passes for this plus another ride at the same time?

3. If so, would it make sense to grab FP's to both Pooh and Dumbo on our way to Little Mermaid at rope drop?

1. Pooh is, Dumbo is not. Dumbo's are in a tent in Storybook Circus.

2. Yes.

3. Sure.

Also, you may get a "surprise" FP for Dumbo when you pull the Pooh FP, saving you a small trek.

Are they still located by Mickeys Philharmagic? Also, is it true that the Dumbo FP is not part of the main FP system and you can have passes for this plus another ride at the same time? If so, would it make sense to grab FP's to both Pooh and Dumbo on our way to Little Mermaid at rope drop?

Dumbo and Barnstormer FastPasses are located by Pete's Silly Sidehow in the new Storybook Circus section. They have been disconnected from the FP system. Touring Plans recently posted on their site that they are now connected, but I've seen pics of people who are still getting FPs for these rides at the same time, indicating that they are still disconnected.

Your best plan would be to grab FP for Peter Pan on the way to Journey of the Little Mermaid, ride Pooh without FP and then ride Peter Pan with a FP.

Dumbo and Barnstormer FastPasses are located by Pete's Silly Sidehow in the new Storybook Circus section. They have been disconnected from the FP system. Touring Plans recently posted on their site that they are now connected, but I've seen pics of people who are still getting FPs for these rides at the same time, indicating that they are still disconnected.

Your best plan would be to grab FP for Peter Pan on the way to Journey of the Little Mermaid, ride Pooh without FP and then ride Peter Pan with a FP.

The best information I've been able to gather is that Barnstormer is connected, Dumbo is still not. I have not seen evidence of a Barnstormer FP next to any other connected attractions' FP--only Dumbo's.

cdntink79 said:

If you're planning on doing Enchanted Tales with Belle, you need to go there first at rope drop without even stopping to grab fp, unless you're willing to wait a minimum 45 minutes for it the rest of the day. Dumbo won't see much of a line early in the day, not the way it used to.
So, I'd go straight to etwb, then FP Peter Pan, then ride Ariel....

LaurenT said:
If you're planning on doing Enchanted Tales with Belle, you need to go there first at rope drop without even stopping to grab fp, unless you're willing to wait a minimum 45 minutes for it the rest of the day. Dumbo won't see much of a line early in the day, not the way it used to.

Thanks, we aren't planning on doing Enchanted Tales with Belle.
I wonder if it would be best to go straight to LM, then FP Peter Pan. Then maybe we can ride Pooh and Dumbo while waiting for FP time.

Wow. We are going in mid April (after much of the Spring rush), I am surprised to see that you are saying I will have to wait 45 minutes for ETwB even if I just stop to grab FPs for Ariel (which is at PhilHarmagic ... right along the way to ETwB).

My Fantasyland Pan was going to be:
1. Stop at PhilharMagic and get FPs for Ariel
2. ETwB
3. Ariel's Grotto (VERY important in my family)
4. Stop at Sideshow and Get Dumbo/Goofini FPs [Is there a walkway between Ariel and the Circus?]
5. Little Mermaid - Journey Under the See w/ FPs
6. Ride Dumbo/Goofini w/ FPs
7. Prince Charming Regal Carousel
8. Get FPs for Peter Pan
9. Lunch at Pinnochio's Haus (before noon)
10. Get FPs for Pooh
11. Ride Peter Pan w/ FPs
12. Watch Mickey's Philharmagic
13. Ride Pooh w/ FPs
14. Ride Small World
15. Leave Fantasyland by 3PM (no tea cups due to refurb)

Comments Welcome. I was in New Fantasyland in early November before the official opening and we did most everything 2 ore more times but the crowds were sparse. Hard for me to gauge what it will be like with New Fantasyland at full throttle.

We were there 2 weeks ago, and were there at rope drop. We have 3 kids, no strollers and still waited around 45 minutes for Belle. We went first thing, and didn't get any fast passes. There were A LOT of people who were going up in line to meet their groups. That gets old after a while. It was also on a Tuesday. I would be prepared to wait. Hopefully you are there more than 1 day, and you can get in the other hot attractions on another morning.

I am surprised to see that you are saying I will have to wait 45 minutes for ETwB even if I just stop to grab FPs for Ariel (which is at PhilHarmagic ... right along the way to ETwB).

2. ETwB
4. Stop at Sideshow and Get Dumbo/Goofini FPs [Is there a walkway between Ariel and the Circus?]
8. Get FPs for Peter Pan
10. Get FPs for Pooh
13. Ride Pooh w/ FPs
14. Ride Small World

My wife took the baby and stroller directly to ETwB and I got Peter Pan FPs and met them out front as she was parking the stroller. The wait was no more than 20 min for ETwB.

This was a weekday non EMH day.

We were there last week and got a 'free' Dumbo fastpass when we got fast passes for Pooh.

Little Mermaid didn't seem to have much of a line while we were there. We did not prioritize it at all and got on without much wait. less than 10 minutes I would estimate.

I would go for Pooh AND Peter Pan over Little Mermaid at Rope Drop. I think the current traffic patterns make Little Mermaid less popular now. It's in a dead end right now, so to see it, one has to intentionally walk there. Peter Pan and Pooh get more cross traffic and therefore more "let's ride this" spontaneous lines. When the mine ride opens that might change.

Wow. We are going in mid April (after much of the Spring rush), I am surprised to see that you are saying I will have to wait 45 minutes for ETwB even if I just stop to grab FPs for Ariel (which is at PhilHarmagic ... right along the way to ETwB).

2. ETwB
8. Get FPs for Peter Pan
10. Get FPs for Pooh
13. Ride Pooh w/ FPs
14. Ride Small World

Comments Welcome. I was in New Fantasyland in early November before the official opening and we did most everything 2 ore more times but the crowds were sparse. Hard for me to gauge what it will be like with New Fantasyland at full throttle.

We got to MK at 8:15 and we were about 5 rows back when the park opened. We stopped and got Peter Pan FastPasses, went to ETWB, got into ETWB at 9:15 and we were out at 9:33.

You can make a stop for a set of FPs, but I'd suggest you arrive at MK early.

We got to MK at 8:15 and we were about 5 rows back when the park opened. We stopped and got Peter Pan FastPasses, went to ETWB, got into ETWB at 9:15 and we were out at 9:33.

You can make a stop for a set of FPs, but I'd suggest you arrive at MK early.

Lots of assumptions in any itinerary. Without question, we will be there early. We will be coming from AKL on the first bus out of there. That usually puts us right in the front of the line (if not THE front). I find it humorous when talking to some people who say they were there for rope drop and that means they just got through security at 8:55. When I am thinking about "getting there for rope drop", I am talking about being the first 5 in my line, too. Thanks for that feedback. I love the specific times. Makes me feel confident in my plan. I discovered your website. Looks very interesting/informative. Looking forward to reading more of it.

1. Pooh is, Dumbo is not. Dumbo's are in a tent in Storybook Circus.

2. Yes.

3. Sure.

Also, you may get a "surprise" FP for Dumbo when you pull the Pooh FP, saving you a small trek.

Why is Pooh fastpass located by Mickey Philharmagic and not by Pooh? (we have not been to WDW since 2010)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter