Pontoon questions?

MIALIAS

Mouseketeer
do you recommend it?

Can you rent from one hotel but return it to another?

We have a 2 yr old in the family. Can she come with us?

Thanks!!

Yes I recommend it. It was nice to see things from a different perspective and my kids liked it a lot. Just make sure you follow all the rules of the water and you will have fun. Some of the water security can get a little" huffy" if you are too close to shore for example or near rocks and such. Your 2 year old will be fine. Everyone has to wear a life vest. I believe you need to return it to where you rented it.

They are a lot of fun, and we prefer them to the smaller boats. You do have to return them to the same resort. We prefer to rent them from a resort on Bay Lake / the Seven Seas Lagoon so that we can boat across the water bridge and around in front of MK as well as go all around Discovery Island in Bay Lake. All of this can be done in an hour (or a half hour if you don't stop much at all) but you may want to stop and hang out for longer.
Your 2 year old can come but will have to wear a life jacket the whole time. One time our daughter decided she didn't want to wear the vest, so we went back to the dock and dropped her and Mommy off mid-fit and then continued on our trip. Normally she wouldn't have had a problem with the vest, but she would have none of it that day.

ETA: I totally agree about the water security potentially being a little huffy, and would add to the list stopping too near the ferry boat path or having the boat driver hold a camera to take a picture...

We are thinking about trying to do this in October. I assume you need to prebook this? If so, how early?

Do you need a boater's license or just a driver's license to rent one?
Just a Driver's License,but the operator must be at least 18.:)

20641829656_fe45cc40ac_h.jpg

We are thinking about trying to do this in October. I assume you need to prebook this? If so, how early?

No need to pre-book, and I don't even think you can. The resorts each have several pontoon boats, so it's not hard to find one available. I agree that renting one from one of the MK resorts is best. Much more to see and more places to go than renting one at one of the Epcot resorts.

Hijacking for a second here! When taking a pontoon out, is it possible to see anything in the distance from that abandoned water park near Contemp?

Hijacking for a second here! When taking a pontoon out, is it possible to see anything in the distance from that abandoned water park near Contemp?

Some, but not a lot. That area is really overgrown, making it difficult to see much.

Yeah I figured but I still think it may be cool just to see the overgrown trees. I don't know why but I'm fascinated that this place exists lol.

Yes!

I agree with PP, you might see a bit of it, but the overgrowth makes it difficult. It is definitely something the Mouse doesn't want you to see....I'm surprised they haven't taken it down. But I suspect that for permitting purposes they keep it open so if they ever want to do something on that spot, they are renovating and not building new.

Tom

Yeah I figured but I still think it may be cool just to see the overgrown trees. I don't know why but I'm fascinated that this place exists lol.

We went looking to see if you could see anything but couldn't make out much from the boat . You can see leftover structures from Discovery island though!! Look on google earth... it's pretty cool!!!!

Don't know why my post looks like its part of yours but hopefully you can still see it.

No need to pre-book, and I don't even think you can. The resorts each have several pontoon boats, so it's not hard to find one available. I agree that renting one from one of the MK resorts is best. Much more to see and more places to go than renting one at one of the Epcot resorts.

Great thanks! We will be staying at the Contemporary so hopefully it will work out.

Just did it yesterday. Must be 18 to drive but other than that no issues. If weather gets bad they won't let you cross from bay lake to seven seas and vise versa. Boat has to be returned to same marina you reacted it from. No resort hopping unfortunately. They take down the time you leave the marina and charge you for the amount of time you were one when you return. Life jackets are required to be worn at all times for children, adults need to have them but are not required to wear. No advance booking, they are first come first serve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter