ponchos??

goofylover

Mouseketeer
Okay, I asked about bringing jackets and the consensus was "no".
How about ponchos?
We really don't mind getting wet but do you think I should lug the ponchos around?
We are leaving Tuesday for 9 days at WDW.
Let me know what you think!
Thanks!

You can always pick up the dollar store ponchos. The packages they come in are so small you could easily fold it in half and put it in your pocket to carry around. Not at all what I would consider cumbersome.

I bought them to bring with me at the Dollar store. I bought clear so when my kids have them on they aren't the yellow like everybody else will have on and I won't lose them in a crowd.

(Leaving on Sept 26 - Oct 3 It will be my 7th time and my 2 girls 1st):cool1:

I bought our DW ponchos three years ago - have yet to use them. However, we do carry them into the parks in our small bag. They roll up fairly tightly and do not take up much room. We will again take them in September maybe we won't need them this year either. :goodvibes

We take four packs (three of us and a set for the stroller) of the disposable ponchos they sell at Wal-Mart. There are two in each pack (we end up using at least four) so we only take two packs to the park each day. Our rule is light rain we don't need to use them, but anything heavy or if we have a long distance to walk then we use them. If you are taking or renting a stroller you can use the poncho to cover it if it looks like it is going to rain when you have to park it to go inside.

ok, which dollar store is everyone finding these at? i went to dollar tree and was told they no longer carry them and family dollar doesnt carry them??

I have been stocking up on ponchos that I have been buying from Dollar Tree. They are 2 for a dollar and are very small, so they will fit in our bags. I plan on throwing them away if they are used and bringing new ones the next day.

Lisa

I bought mine at Kmart for 99 cents in the sporting goods section, they have different colors and types.

We always take several ponchos from the dollar store and walmart. My dh and I each keep one in our fanny bags just incase we need them.

The ponchos are great but veery expensive at WDW, buy them at Walgreens or a gift shoop close WDW instead, just a few dollars there:thumbsup2

I picked up ponchos for $0.99 (Coleman) at Target yesterday for my trip. They had Green, Red (Of course I chose red :D):cool1:

Most definitely take ponchos (or buy them at WDW) for a trip in July, August, or September! It's the rainy season, and you have a good chance of getting a brief rainshower or thunderstorm every afternoon.

I carried a Mickey poncho for about 5 years, but it finally ripped, and I have replaced it with a sub-$3 poncho from the camping section at WalMart. It's actually a little heavier vinyl than the Disney ponchos, and has a nice, bright blue color (they are also available in red and green).

I keep my poncho with me at all times at WDW, rolled up neatly on the back of my utility belt where it's out of the way but easily accessible. It also makes a nice lumbar cushion :D

I bring several "disposable" ones that I buy at Target for 79 cents each. They're in the camping section. On our trip last October, it was very warm but rained at least once every day (and one day, it rained off and on all day long). We also had a day with an absolutely torrential downpour - was sooo glad to have a disposable poncho! Saved me from spending $8 on a WDW ones.

The ones they sell at Target are folded down very small, each in its own plastic "sleeve". They would tuck into a pocket or fanny pack very easily (I think the Dollar Store ones are not that compact.

I have the same ones... How well do they hold up? I have one per person for a 8 day trip. Do you think I would need to pack more? Not an issue, just need to stop by and get them. Thanks

We purchase our ponchos at Walmart for about $1 per poncho. I always buy about 8 of them and then from year to year, I keep unopened ones to use on our next trip. Once we open them , we will use them for that trip and then dispose of them before leaving.

Now that ponchos are taken care of, don't forget to take an extra pair of shoes. On our last trip we got caught in a brief storm, but it took two hours to dry out of shoes in the resort dryer.

I say bring your poncho's, we used them three days last week. Just to let you know we have old yellow DW poncho with Mickey on them. We were there last week and did not see anyone else with yellow poncho's on. I do have to say that we purchased our ponchos at DL around 1993. When we come home I clean them and let them dry out very well. We only use them when we go to DW which is just about every other year. My DH's just started to rip this trip so I think next trip we will be purchasing new ones.
The newest ones Disney sells are see thru with a castle and wording on them. A little girl in DW had a cute pink one with the princesses on it. Her mom said she bought it from Wal-Mart in Orlando.

We purchase our ponchos at Walmart for about $1 per poncho. I always buy about 8 of them and then from year to year, I keep unopened ones to use on our next trip. Once we open them , we will use them for that trip and then dispose of them before leaving.

Now that ponchos are taken care of, don't forget to take an extra pair of shoes. On our last trip we got caught in a brief storm, but it took two hours to dry out of shoes in the resort dryer.

If that ever happens again, pick up some newspapers from your resort sundries shop, wad them up and stuff them into your shoes overnight. The newspaper wicks out the moisture very well, and you'll have dry shoes by morning.

Just got back from Target!
I got 8 for my family of 4.
I figured if we opened them up we wouldn't be
able to get them back in so we'll just use new ones!!
Thanks for the ideas.
And now of course........it won't rain!!:rolleyes:

ok, which dollar store is everyone finding these at? i went to dollar tree and was told they no longer carry them and family dollar doesnt carry them??

I believe I got mine at Dollar General. They were only 1-2 bucks each and they are different colors, so you can stick out in the crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter