Poncho, umbrella, neither, or both?

How do you deal with the summer rainy season?

• Ponchos rule. I like to be hands free, and they provide the best coverage.

• Umbrellas win. Ponchos are too hot, and wet ponchos are a hassle.

• Neither! Just get out of the rain or enjoy getting wet on a hot day.

• Both! I like to carry both and use whatever suits the situation best.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We dont take any b/c it never really rains for some reason when we're there so we havent needed either of them so we've been lucky :thumbsup2

We pack ponchos. If it is a downpour we stay in a gift shop or covered food court. Umbrellas are just not great in a crowded park when people are racing to get out of the rain.

The problem with umbrellas is that people don't realize that now their personal space is a 3 foot circle with pointy tips.

And don't get me started on golf umbrellas that would normally be used to shade a patio table. :)

I agree.I almost lost an eye in Manhattan when an oblivious person with an umbrella walked the sharp points into my eye.

We go "Commando". I can remember a couple of times where it really poured but for the most part we lucked out. I guess if we got totally soaked, we'd go back and change. If I was super organized, we'd have ponchos! :)

I guess we can add "carry umbrellas" to the list right behind re-using mugs and pool hopping... :lmao:

We like the Disney ponchos, they are a thicker vinyl, but they hang better - not clingy usually. Just keep them for future trips, bring them to the park and get a locker first thing if there's no obvious dark clouds lurking about.
Nice to sit on on the water rides if you don't want to have a soaked bum!!;)

Another vote for ponchos--We had 4 with us each day. My husband and I never wore them-it was just too hot and we enjoyed getting cooled off by the rain. We used ours to put over our double stroller so the kids stayed dry. By the way, it rained EVERYDAY but one during our week stay in May. It would only rain for like 20-30 min and then the sun would be back out to dry you off :)

Ponchos are the only way to go. Umbrellas shouldn't even be allowed in Disney, they are way too dangerous in such a crowded place. If you buy the $1 disposable ponchos, you can just toss them out afterwards. Please don't bring umbrellas.:)

Just thought of something eles--when we were sitting a waiting for Fantasmic to start at DHS, it starting raining. There was an announcement stating that umbrellas were NOT permitted. So, in this case, ponchos were for sure the best way to go!

Another vote for Ponchos! I purchased one in WDW a couple of years ago and take it on every trip. They are great! I love to be able to get around without having to carry an umbrella and I stay dryer with the poncho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter