• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge or Caribbean?

disneykindofgal

Earning My Ears
Which one should I choose. Time is running out and decision time is HERE....................well, it has been here but I've been wishy washy about where is the best place to stay! I would love to hear reviews about all of them if you can help me out.::MinnieMo

DH and I honeymooned at CBR in April and loved it! We stayed in Jamaica, had a water view room right on the beach. Not too far of a walk from OPR or the bus. The resort was beautiful and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again except that we want to try ALL of the resorts! We haven't been to the other resorts yet, will be at WL in December and can't wait!

My wife and I stayed at the Polynesian last summer for our anniversary and are returning this summer to celebrate here birthday ! For us the Polynesian is everything that Disney is supposed to be, from the sounds and smells to the convience and access to all the parks (being on the monorail is awesome - as is being just a few minute walk from the TTC) Good luck with your decision and the good news is no matter which one you pick you will have a wonderful time ! :earsboy:

Here is my questions

1) How much do you want to spend?
2) How much time do you plan to stay at the resort?

CBR is the cheapest of the 3 and my wife and I really enjoy it, been there 2 times now in Jamaica.

WL is 2nd in cost (all depends on the room tho) my family and I stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed it, however, being from New England it was too much like home and we enjoyed CBR better.

Poly is the most expensive (I used to stay there as a kid when I was growing up) and if I were spending a lot of time at the resort and had the extra money, I would stay there. I personally would rather spend my money on a few meals instead of staying at the Poly, just to stay at the Poly when we get a wonderfull time from CBR.

My opinions only.

Next time the wife and I go it will be the poly. We loved the WL but having the poly right on the monorail system is a big plus.

Don't get me wrong about the WL, it is awesome and I would stay there again in a heart beat.

So far the moderate hotels just don't do it for me, I hate all the busing. Taking the boats and monorail is a lot more "Disney" to me.

To me the resorts on the lake are far and away the best. The others just don't feel like they are "on the property" to me. I know technically they are but they are just too far from the MK and too close to the "regular" hotels.

my dream is to stay at the Poly, and its funny cause i have also been wanting to stay at CBR. we usually just stay at the all stars. i told my dds that when me and dh go alone we will upgrade ....ha ha . i think the WL is beautiful., but it reminds me alot of stuff in NH

If the price isn't a concern, then the Polynesian. It has great theming, great restaurants, and is on the monorail, How can you lose? Just a stop away from the TTC and anyplace including any other resort that you'd want!

Ok I have never stayed at any of them but when we were trying to decide which resort to stay at we heard the most good things about poly then WL. CBR was really a mixed bag. I also know three different families that stayed there that didn't like it so much but they admitted that it was just that they expected it to be different or just expected too much from it.

It really does depend on how you want to spend your money and what things are the most important to you on your vacation.
What ever one you pick will be great!!!! Your at Disney!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :hyper:

Poly--location is a lot for me. I don't want to spend my vacation on a bus. WL would be second choice. You can still take the boat to MK. I like the theming of the Poly better, but WL is the best place to stay during the Christmas season. CBR is nice, but you really do get more when you spend more money.

I have stayed in all three...of the three I would choose The Wilderness Lodge but it would depend on where you really want to stay...if you have always wanted to stay at the Poly then go for it of the three CBR would be third on my list didn't care for the bus system, or food court. But I did enjoy staying there I was at WDW.

I have only stayed at WL (2 times) and CBR, so I can't speak for the poly. My vote still would be the WL though. WE LOVED IT!!!!!

Good luck with your decision. Either way you will have a magical experience.

If you want to be near the MK and have the convenience of the monorail the Polynesian is great - but you will pay for it (literally). It is a great family resort and located well.
I stayed at the CBR 2 years ago and I have to say that we were very pleasantly surprised at how nice it was - we had a corner king room that was better than I had expected. It is a large (massive) resort and if you get a building near the food area/market/pool you will find things a lot more convenient.
The price at the WL is usually good compared to the other MK resorts. I found the rooms to be a bit smaller than I was expecting but the theming is neat if you like the "Great American Lodge" style of hotel. I thought it was well done.
All are great choices and I am sure you would love things about all of your choices. Have fun!!!

My only stay at WDW was CBR....I was disappointed. Not in the room itself, but in the layout of the resort. It is sooooo big with soooo many people. Just riding the resort bus around the place took forever, it seemed like forever anyhow.

At the CBR we never took the internal shuttle. The only place we wanted to go was the food court and it was only a 5 min walk. And anytime we wanted to bus to a different location, we just waited for the next park bus and asked them if they had stopped at (insert island name here) if not, we just hopped on and away we went. Never an issue for us for bussing. As far as cost to return, I personally don;t think the over all 1,000 or more dollars to stay at a resort for the monorail is worth it, but the 3-400 for the WL is not too bad if it did not remind me of home. We never had any issue with the busses at CBR.

WL because of the easy access to MK. Great food, great view, great accomodations, great guest service, just GREAT!

I grew up camping at FWR so this is like camping with "style"! LOL!:teeth:

You'll pay a hefty premium for a few monorail rides, but if money is no object, definitely stay at the Polynesian. Everyone should stay there at least once, it's an amazing resort. On your next trip, you can try for WL ( our personal favorite ) or CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter