• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian Resort Standard Room request

Tora Millypoops

Cleaning my Ears
Hey there,

We were lucky enough to get a reservation at the Polynesian at the 7 month window :D Got a standard room and just wondering which buildings ar ethe best to request :)

We requested Tokelau after reading different posts here. We'll find out in October if we get it.

We stayed in Samoa on the third floor. Our standard room actually overlooked the Volcano pool (pre-refurbishment) and you could Seven Seas Lagoon from the side. For a standard room it was a pretty amazing location. It was also very central to everything, which we loved.

I requested Tokelau and third floor and got my request. I love that building. Still close enough to walk to TTC.

We stayed in Samoa on the third floor. Our standard room actually overlooked the Volcano pool (pre-refurbishment) and you could Seven Seas Lagoon from the side. For a standard room it was a pretty amazing location. It was also very central to everything, which we loved.
Samoa is not a DVC longhouse. I believe OP is asking about DVC requests, in which case OP is limited to Tokelau, Pago Pago and Moorea for a Standard View.

I would ask for either a garden view or a pool view. The problem with the pool view is you could end up with a Tokelau room that faces the buildings at the Oasis pool versus the pool section.

Just got back. Requested 3rd floor of Tokelau. Location was great. Oasis pool was right there with drink station. Its wasnt a far walk to the Great Ceremonial hall or bus transportation. On the third floor if you go to the end of the hall you get a great view of the castle. It was really Awesome. Make sure you watch the fireworks from the beach. We did Wishes at Magic Kingdom our first night. It was nice but getting out of there was awful. The next night we watched the water parade and Wishes from the beach and it was amazing. The best part was once it was over it was a 2 minute walk to Tokelau.

Thanks so much for the feedback :) I'm really looking forward to staying there! Feel lucky that we got a reservation as DVC seems very booked up in November

I would ask for either a garden view or a pool view. The problem with the pool view is you could end up with a Tokelau room that faces the buildings at the Oasis pool versus the pool section.

Tokelau is a good request but I would not suggest asking for a garden or pool view because there is no garden or pool view category at the resort and when entered into the room assigning system it will not know what that means. I would request Tokelau North end for a great view. The north west side has many rooms that can see the castle.

What's the best way to make a room/location request? Right now I have upper floor selected. We will be in standard room DVC.

Only because I'm totally unfamiliar with the Poly, what should you request if you want to be close to the monorail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter