• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian Resort Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

BLGuterl

Next Trip to DisneyWorld... 09/01/2012!
Our next trip to DisneyWorld is in November of 2010. I was thinking of the Aloha Dinner Show. I'd love to hear some opinions if anyone has ever been. Also, will the weather be warm enough for an outside meal? We'll probably try to get the earlier seating anyway. Thanks! :smickey:

we have been twice and enjoyed it. Our 5 year old actually requested it on his night to pick dinner last visit. We were there in mid-October and were in shorts, but a cold front came through the day we left and temps got into the 40s so I guess it is luck of the draw as far as weather goes.

The food was pretty good- salad, ribs, and chicken with a polynesian style, but the show is something you should do at least once!

I thought it was "eh". If you want to do a dinner show, Hoop De Doo is much better (IMO) - both the show and the food. November should be warm enough....you might need a sweatshirt.

Here is another vote for HDDR...I am not a huge fan of the Luau....the food was not great either time that we went, but the show was pretty good. HDDR has both going for it, Great food and show...we like it so much we're having our wedding reception there!

This was one of the worst meals I ever had at Disney and would never do it again. I do agree with the others for HHDO if you don't mine the high cost. I have done this a couple of times but I now feel the pricing is way out of line for the food you get and the tier seating stinks. Since they started the tier seating I have not gone back besides the high cost even though I do like the show.

Thank you for all your opinions and alternate suggestions. This gives me ALOT to think about now..... Hmm.....

A few of you mentioned an extra price for the dinner shows. If they are included in the dining plan, I won't have to still pay the extra price, will I?

as to compare to the HDDR, I would say food quality was about the same to our family, good not great. I do think that the show was better at HDDR and it is inside so you would not have to worry about weather!

I do stick with my original recommendation that you should try the aloha dinner once, but the same goes for hoop de doo!

Thank you for all your opinions and alternate suggestions. This gives me ALOT to think about now..... Hmm.....

A few of you mentioned an extra price for the dinner shows. If they are included in the dining plan, I won't have to still pay the extra price, will I?

Dinner shows cost two TS credits per person. For the luau, if you are going to pay with the dining plan you may book Tier 2 or Tier 3. You can't book Tier 1 with the dining plan. At Hoop De Doo, same thing, except you can book Tier 1 with DDP at the 9:30 show only.

I thought the food at the luau was awful! However, we did enjoy the show. But once was enough for us.

Everyone in our party (a bunch of foodies) really enjoyed the food & unlimited wine/beer at the luau. The ribs, roasted, chicken, fried rice, veggies, bread, & salad were a huge hit with our gang. The show was fun & I'd gladly do it again with those that haven't been before. My mom likes HDDR only b/c she loves fried chicken, but DH wouldn't step foot in HDDR (not his type of food or humor). It all depends on your own food & entertainment preferences.

One of the issues with the luau is that is is outside. If the weather is inclement, they may cancel last minute. Someone recently posted that they were kept waiting, they ended up being seated and fed but the show was cancelled due to the weather. Those on DDP were refunded a credit, but if it is your last night, not much you can do with it

We haven't done the show yet and not sure we ever will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter