• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian Rate for the fall

princessmomma

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip in the fall for Polynesian resort. I am a big hot vacation person and love Hawaii and the Caribbean. Would Polynesian or CBR be better? I have a 3 and 5 year old.

What is a good rate for that time of year? For our first Disney trip we had a $169 rate for the Beach Club last fall.

Also, if I book now and then a good code comes up, I can call CRO and get that rate?

Good morning!!! Although I have never stayed at the Polynesian (and am staying at the CBR for the first time this fall), I have walked around the Poly.

To answer your last question first, you can absolutely call CRO and request for a better rate if you find one. I have an AP rate at the CBR & POFQ for this September, and although the rate is really good, I'm hoping for a cheaper code rate. Once I hear or see of one, then I'll call and check availablility and grab it if it is available.

There are pluses and minuses with both resorts. If you plan on spending alot of time at the MK and don't mind spending the money on a deluxe resort, then I would recommend staying at the Poly, since it is right on the monorail. It is dark though and I really did not get that much of a caribbean feeling when I walked through (O'Hana's is very good though). However, I've heard such wonderful things about CBR and from the pictures that Seaspray has on her website, it looks so beautiful and it gives you the feeling you are in the caribbean. Brightly colored buildings in pastel shades and the rooms even have bright floral spreads. You are also paying much less for CBR, since it is a moderate.

The rooms at the Poly are not dark at all. The wood of the furniture is light as is the coverings on the walls. The Poly is a Deluxe resort which usually means larger rooms, inside hallways, queen sized beds, several sit-down restaurants. The CBR is a Moderate resort and doesn't have some of these perks. I think you will need to decide whether or not they are worth the extra cost.

We have stayed at the Poly several times and really enjoyed it.

Well I'm sure the CBR is very nice and staying there will certainly save you a bunch of money over the Polynesian, but with a 3 and a 5 yo there isn't any doubt in my mind which I would choose - The Polynesian...

The rates at the Polynesian are generally just a touch higher than the YC/BC. Last Fall when all the prices were low the YC/BC was $169 (standard) and the Polynesian was $179 (garden).

The ease of access to the MK, and to EPCOT, really make the Polynesian the best place to be with smaller children. And the rooms are very large, quiet and comfortable. I've never found the Polynesian rooms to be dark - I suppose if you were on the first floor the lush foliage outside would block the sun somewhat - but our rooms have always been on the upper floors and we've had plenty of light.

Yes - you can always call in and switch your rate to a new one.

The Poly hands down. The rooms are very large and bright. The grounds are beautiful. The staff is very friendly and professional. The convenience to MK monorail. launches, and ferry saves time (therefore money when you're at WDW) as does the easy walk to the Epcot monrail. Room service is good, friendly (Barbara and Nancy) and timely. A long beach for your children to play at (no swimming for some years now), a zero entry pool with a slide and another large "quiet pool" as well as a marina with at least four types of boats to rent are more advantages. Breakfast at Kona Cafe is the best. Finally, it has a relaxed ambiance that is wonderful to return to after a hectic day at the parks.

Whoops, I forgot. We have always had a ground floor room and they've always been bright, too.

I vote for the CBR. I believe it is more child oriented. Polynesian gives me the feel of romance and honeymooning. CBR has several pools to choose from, beaches with playgrounds, on site boat and bike rentals, video game room and child friendly meals at the food court. I stayed there with my nephew twice. He was 2 the first time we stayed there and then 5. He loved it. They even supplied us with bed rails so we wouldn't have him falling off the bed! Just my opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter