• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

And I feel totally clueless for asking this after the trip but are there any DVC community happenings at Poly? A game room or crafts or special activities?

There is no community hall at Poly. You would have to go to BLT community hall.
When we stayed in May and talked to a few CMs in the parks who had stayed during the CM trial period, the lack of a community hall was very high on their complaint list.

I am not sure the currect situation, but they have at times offered some very good deals for Lilo's Playhouse to DVC members (I believe it's only those staying at PVB).

It would be nice if they put in a community hall into Tangaroa Terrace (under construction). Time will tell what this will finally be.

On 1/27/16, documents showed up on the county web site indicating DVD declared 6 more bungalows and all of Pago Pago into inventory. This means they can now legally sell points in these units.

All that remains undeclared are four bungalows and all of Tokelau.

Here are photos we took November 2015. - Living Room -- bed area

DSC_1952_zpsixfoeyf3.jpg

DSC_1953_zpskup8k6ff.jpg

DSC_1958_zpsqxm3g4rs.jpg

DSC_1959_zpsg5rf8qts.jpg

DSC_1960_zps2ixuy19h.jpg

DSC_1961_zpsvjel5lfg.jpg

DSC_1963_zpsafs8ovxv.jpg

DSC_1964_zpspbrmvaq9.jpg

DSC_1966_zpstgl4nzmz.jpg

I regret that I couldn't get a good photo of the light switch for the lights over the bed. They have adjustable brightness switches that are so small you might miss them.

Seems that the new resorts are really well themed and the refurbishments on older resorts have the theming removed. Is that because they aren't selling older resorts?

:earsboy: Bill

DenLo -- Those are extremely helpful photos (would love to get that room! -- hope I can get 3rd floor at least. Thank you very much -- and rfc001 for the video.

If we are staying at the poly on points we can go to BLTs community hall? I read somewhere that BLTs community hall checks magic bands, is that right?

Here are photos we took November 2015. - Living Room -- bed area

DSC_1952_zpsixfoeyf3.jpg

DSC_1953_zpskup8k6ff.jpg

DSC_1958_zpsqxm3g4rs.jpg

DSC_1959_zpsg5rf8qts.jpg

DSC_1960_zps2ixuy19h.jpg

DSC_1961_zpsvjel5lfg.jpg

DSC_1963_zpsafs8ovxv.jpg

DSC_1964_zpspbrmvaq9.jpg

DSC_1966_zpstgl4nzmz.jpg
Thanks for sharing these awesome photos! We just purchased a poly add on to our two others. It wasn't my first choice but we didn't purchase as many points the first time as we later decided we needed.

I was wondering if someone could make online check in request recommendations for a standard studio? The options are lower floor, upper floor, near elevator. We will be with a toddler and have a stroller if that makes any difference. Thank you!

When we stayed in May and talked to a few CMs in the parks who had stayed during the CM trial period, the lack of a community hall was very high on their complaint list.

I am not sure the currect situation, but they have at times offered some very good deals for Lilo's Playhouse to DVC members (I believe it's only those staying at PVB).

It would be nice if they put in a community hall into Tangaroa Terrace (under construction). Time will tell what this will finally be.

As far as I know, Tangaroa Terrace is not under any construction. It was fenced off as a staging area for equipment and materials during the Oasis Pool construction. I don’t see it becoming more than it is now which is an employee area for meetings and storage. At some point I see it being removed for expansion of DVC.

I’m just glad I purchased DVC at the Polynesian before it opened. Once it sells out and if they move forward with the expansion it will cost a lot more and be very difficult to get into unless you can book at the 11 months. Right now there are a lot still available for cash but I see that changing also.

Reactions: STA
Once it sells out and if they move forward with the expansion it will cost a lot more and be very difficult to get into unless you can book at the 11 months. Right now there are a lot still available for cash but I see that changing also.

Where can I read more about this possible expansion? Are there any threads on the topic or posts on your FB possibly or elsewhere?

Where can I read more about this possible expansion? Are there any threads on the topic or posts on your FB possibly or elsewhere?

When it comes to the Poly, Tikiman is the SME. When it comes to DVC expansion, they never release any info ahead of time probably due to timeshare laws.

:earsboy: Bill

When it comes to DVC expansion, they never release any info ahead of time probably due to timeshare laws.

Im sure they haven't released anything I was just wondering if there were any threads on the Dis or articles on the web where people may have been speculating or discussing the rumor in more detail....

Last edited:
Im sure they haven't released anything I was just wondering if there were any threads on the Dis or articles on the web where people may have been speculating or discussing the rumor in more detail....

I don't think you will find much about it anywhere or at least nothing more than speculation. I've seen a lot of rumors that don't fit the concept I saw. I can't really say much more about it at this point but they do plan to add more starting in the next few years. I think they will wait for WL, River Country and CBR DVC to be complete before they start anything more at the Polynesian.

I don't think you will find much about it anywhere or at least nothing more than speculation. I've seen a lot of rumors that don't fit the concept I saw. I can't really say much more about it at this point but they do plan to add more starting in the next few years. I think they will wait for WL, River Country and CBR DVC to be complete before they start anything more at the Polynesian.

Wonder if they'll make it a separate DVC like WL vs. a combined like AKV. I sure hope not separate home resorts, like you we hedged our bets thinking there would be 1 and 2 bedroom possibilities in the future....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter