Polynesian or Beach Club/Yacht Club. Which location would you choose??

Dimples1973ca

Mouseketeer
We have received really great rate quotes for these resorts. We can not decide between the two locations. So I would like to turn it over to the Dis for opinions and suggestions.

We are booking Aug 20-30. 2 adults 2 girls (8,6). We have stayed POFQ once and POR twice.

Thanks in advance for your help.

We have received really great rate quotes for these resorts. We can not decide between the two locations. So I would like to turn it over to the Dis for opinions and suggestions.

We are booking Aug 20-30. 2 adults 2 girls (8,6). We have stayed POFQ once and POR twice.

There is something magical about staying in the MK area for sure. That being said, the location of the Epcot resorts is amazing. Can't beat the walk to two parks! :thumbsup2

Keep in mind too, that with the construction going on at the Poly, you are facing a closed main pool (in August! :sad:), construction noise and possible disruptions at the GCH.

Seven seas lagoon is the quintessential disney expirience. Nothing will beat the magic you will feel staying there.

Many will tell you the epcot area and the pools and convinience is hard to beat but in my opinion when u stand on a white sand beach staring at the magic kingdom castle, no other expirience will top that for me.

Ive only stayed at the wilderness lodge and polynesian resort but i have toured the other hotels.

My pick is 1polynesian 2grand floridian 3wilderness lodge just from the little knowledge i have.

Keep in mind the poly willbe going through major construction in january thats why ive booked the grand for my next trip

I would stay at the BC, largely due to construction/pool closure at the Poly this year. Also, in August the BC pool (Stormalong Bay) would be great!

If the pool closure and construction do not bother you and you plan to spend a lot of time in the MK, then I would stay at the Poly.

The Yacht Club & Poly are among my favorites! There is something magical about being as close to MK as the Poly is, and it can be amazing to watch the fireworks from the beach, or, if you're willing to pay for an MK view, from your room!

I personally, think I prefer the YC, but with your family, I feel like the Poly would be a better choice, especially if you got a good rate for it! I find it to be priceyer….:confused3

The Poly is right near MK, depending on your location, it can be SUPER close to the TTC, so you have lots of options for transportation if you're not driving. Busses, monorails or boats from the Poly itself, or the TTC! Ohana and Kona are both great dining locations, and the pool is awesome too! The biggest bonus the Poly has is being super close to Magic Kingdom, where I guess you'll be spending most of your time? It's close enough that it's totally reasonable to head home for a break/nap midday and make it back quickly enough to not stress!

I am trying to decide the same thing, going with DD 11 and DD 4 in September and to take the kids to MNSSHP. DH saves his fall trips for hunting but my mom will also join me but she will have her own room, and she leaves it up to me to pick.

I was all for the Poly to be on the monorail but now that the construction might be happening while we are there I don't know if I want to go there. I also love the BC and could do a studio there too :)

Just going to keep an eye on the fall rates and discounts as well as the construction updates to make my final choice :)

Seven seas lagoon is the quintessential disney expirience. Nothing will beat the magic you will feel staying there.

Many will tell you the epcot area and the pools and convinience is hard to beat but in my opinion when u stand on a white sand beach staring at the magic kingdom castle, no other expirience will top that for me.

Ive only stayed at the wilderness lodge and polynesian resort but i have toured the other hotels.

My pick is 1polynesian 2grand floridian 3wilderness lodge just from the little knowledge i have.

Keep in mind the poly willbe going through major construction in january thats why ive booked the grand for my next trip

My thoughts exactly. We've stayed at both the Poly and BC and if given a choice between the two, I would choose the Poly every time. We enjoyed the BC and it was nice being within walking distance to Epcot and DHS, but the MK area is our favorite. We also prefer other resort pools to SAB as we weren't wow'd by SAB. We've also stayed at the WL and GF and I agree with the above poster and think both of those are great alternatives to the Poly should the construction and/or volcano pool closure be an issue for you. Good luck.

With the number of nights you are going, I would consider a split BC/Poly stay. 5 nights at BC, 5 nights at Poly. You can focus on EP and DHS while at BC and MK while at Poly. We always go at the end of August and typically do a split MK resort/EP resort stay. You get to experience two fabulous resorts and it makes park touring so much easier!

We have stayed at both YC and BC, but with the ages of your children, I would choose BC as opposed to YC. The walk to EP is faster and you have easy access to the QS there for snacks, etc. BC is also a bit livelier than YC.

Defiantly Polly. Probably my favorite resort of them all. So convenient, from dining to getting to the parks (especially MK) its just great!

We will be there the same time, and I booked Poly. Construction & all. I know poly main pool will be closed, but they will shuttle you to GF pool. And for a quick dip, Poly quiet pool will be open.

I love BC/YC too. No wrong choices here.

Do you mind if I ask if you got your quote straight from the Disney website or did you use an agent? If so, would you share which company?

I ask because we are planning our trip for 2014 (probably end of September and try to hit F&W Festival) and these resorts are on my options list!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We stayed at YC for the first time in November, and absolutely loved being walking distance to Epcot and DHS, not to mention the Boardwalk. We also loved SAB. Our DD is younger, so the walking convenience was especially helpful. This meant that even on days we did MK or AK, we could always head over to another park for dinner or an evening adventure.

Sure, it was a bus ride to MK and AK, but we had great luck with busses coming quickly.

We have stayed at the Poly and BC, love them both but prefer the BC for nice light rooms, a huge pool, and walking distance to two parks. The pool at the Poly was too small for us. Also the water had a bad odor at the Poly.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Poly!!!!

Both are great resorts. We have stayed at both and loved them almost equally! There was just something very special about staying at the Poly, can't quite explain it. Beach Club (and yacht club) are great to stay at during the summer months because of the amazing pool area. We have struggled with the decision of which one to stay at as well. Normally I would suggest a split stay between both resorts.

However, I wouldn't stay at the Poly for the next year or two. You are paying far too much money to have to deal with the major construction that will take place over the next few years. The Great Ceramonial House will undergo refurb, as well as the main pool. All that in addition to the DVC project.

With two children ages 4 and 6, a monorail resort would b e a huge plus, and I can't understate HUGE PLUS. But..... I don't like the idea of a pool closer/construction at the Poly and would probably stay at BC/YC. The BC/YC has, arguably, the best pool in the world. And Beaches and Cream at YC/BC has, in my opinion, the best ice cream in the world. You can get a 3 scoop (chocolate, strawberry, vanilla,) banana split, and split it among the 4 of you.

But my wife sitting beside me is saying: monorail resort all the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter