Polynesian Luau

TXMommy

DVC Owner
My husband and I loved the Polynesian Luau in 1996 - now that my kids are nuts about Lilo & Stitch, we thought it would be fun to take them when we go this Nov. Has anyone been lately? Is it still good? Has it changed any in the past 6 years?

TX I can't speak for six years ago, but my DW and I have gone every year for the last three. We love it, the food is excellent for what it is. Meaning don't go and expect a grand 4 course meal. The show is fun. I say go for it. Plus if you use your amex card you get a 15% discount.

Have a great time.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

We were just at the luau in march-- the show was fun-- although we went to the early one & there were ALOT of kids. We did not, however, enjoy the food. The chicken was ok, & the ribs were edible, but we didnt like the salad the rice or the bread at all-- so we got an all you can eat with nothing we wanted to eat! I'm glad we did it though, the show was fun & got really good once it was dark- we just weren't thrilled with the food!

I went to the luau in April with another couple and we were all very dissappointed. The show was just okay, and the food was an even bigger dissappointment. If your looking for a fun dinner show for kids try the hoop dee doo.....it was great and all the kids seemed to love it!

MHO
We (2 adults) loved the Luau in Feb....both the show and the food. The ribs were incredible!!
I will do it again!!

I can't say about 6 years ago, either. This was our first time.
We went early and all the kids there had a good time (depending on your server, can make it even better :-))
The kids got to go up and learn the hula....and stay after and talk to the performers.

Is there a trick to getting a table up front? Is it based on how early you get there or how early you made your PS?

Well, I made our reservation a little over 3 months in advance, but since you can make reservations up to 2 YEARS in advance, I guess our chances of getting close to the front aren't that hot, huh?

We were at the luau two weeks ago for the first time. We did the evening show because of the comments about the night time making everything so much more attractive.

My husband, DD (25) and DS (16) and I enjoyed the evening. The salad and pineapple were good. The entree consisted of ribs, roast chicken, steamed veggies and flavored rice which were good...not great.

There were lots of kiddies and even a few wedding parties so the atmosphere was festive. The show was fun and entertaining. After the show, we walked along the Polynesian beach and were able to see the MK fireworks which was a nice way to end a lovely evening.

I don't know if I would go again, but am glad we went. Someone earlier suggested the Hoop De Doo. We did that in 1996 and loved it, even thought the food was better. But the atmosphere is very different.

If you go with the right attitude and expectations, you and the kiddies will have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter