• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian Fiji Longhouse Pictures?

sjs314

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and
I have been researching for our first stay at the Polynesian Resort. I have decided to request the Fiji Longhouse as we will be booking a Std GV.

My question to anyone who has stayed in Fiji is, 1st floor Patio or 3rd floor Balcony? Luau Cove or Marina side?

Pictures Anyone?

TIA

We stayed in Fiji LH several years ago on the ground floor, Luau Cove side and loved the location. It was convenient being able to walk out to the garden and beach from our patio, but I think I would prefer the view from an upper floor balcony.

I'm not certain, but I believe the marina side would be considered lagoon view.

When are you going? I ask because all of the longhoues will be down for refurb at some point this year. According to Tikiman's site, Fiji is sceduled for refurb May 19th & each longhouse is supposedly closed for 2 months for it. Hopefully that won't interfere with your trip!

We stayed in Fiji LH several years ago on the ground floor, Luau Cove side and loved the location. It was convenient being able to walk out to the garden and beach from our patio, but I think I would prefer the view from an upper floor balcony.

I'm not certain, but I believe the marina side would be considered lagoon view.

Walking out to the beach is exactly what I was thinking of when seeing a few pictures on Tikimans site. All the rooms in Fiji are GV :goodvibes

When are you going? I ask because all of the longhoues will be down for refurb at some point this year. According to Tikiman's site, Fiji is sceduled for refurb May 19th & each longhouse is supposedly closed for 2 months for it. Hopefully that won't interfere with your trip!

We will be going End of October so hopefully the rehab will be completed

I have decided on requesting Fiji, first floor(patio) facing Luau Cove since I am reading that VGF construction should be completed by Fall so no ugly eyesore to look at from that side of Fiji.

Anyone Have Pictures of Fiji Luau Cove Side To share?

The luau is on that side, and you will hear the music from it. It shouldn't bother you unless you go to bed early or have small children who do. We have faced the marina and could watch the monorail go through the Contemporary and the boats coming and going from the marina. We have also stayed cove side and it is beautiful. Lower level rooms get the ducks pestering you at your door but some people love this. Fiji is a wonderful location.

We have stayed ground floor on both the luau cove and marina side and loved both. The marina side was likely our favourite .... the view of the volcano pool was incredible. We had younger kids and the noise from the luau and the water parade didn't bother us. We love the patio for a bit of extra room plus it was great to be able to open the patio door and let the kids out to play.

I sorta think the music from the Luau would add to the atmosphere. DH has restless leg syndrome so having the patio would come in handy as he could just head out for a stroll, I think the ducks might be fun to see too.

Thanks for the feedback

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter