Polynesian Construction

Laralynn

Earning My Ears
I called and spoke to a cast member at polynessian today. She said all the construction on the main pool should be done by April 1st and the only construction after that will be just finishing up on the dvc rooms which should be done by May/June. She said there is no plans to start on the quiet pool and they are holding off on anymore construction until after summer. With this being said do you think it would be safe to request Samoa longhouse main pool view for the first week of June? Is that side or the longhouse closed now?

Funny! I just posted something similar. Was nervous about Samoa because of rumors of construction on the quiet pool so looking for feedback on Fiji.

I really don't think I'd trust much of what CM's are saying with regards to construction at the Poly. When you call the Polynesian, you are not speaking to someone actually at the Poly, you are talking to someone in a centralized call center. Check out Tikiman's pages and his FB site. That's pretty much the only info I'd trust. He is very optimistic that the main pool will be finished by 4/1 but there will still be contruction at the Poly including the quiet pool.

I spoke to someone at the hotel directly. I had the cast member that answered the phone transfer me.

Funny! I just posted something similar. Was nervous about Samoa because of rumors of construction on the quiet pool so looking for feedback on Fiji.

My next choice is Figi (marina side) looks nice also but sort of far from everything.

I was there last week and it still looks completely torn up. I would play it safe if I were you and stay well away from the pool area to avoid ugly views and construction noise. However, I think it should be done by June because I'm sure they'll want the pool available for summer guests.

Sorry, but they never connect anyone to someone at the resort. Even if you are staying at the resort you will be talking to a centralized call centre. No matter what they tell you, it simply isn't so according to what I have read here. You only know that you are speaking with front desk people when you are physically standing in front of them at the resort.

I take everything a CM tells me on the phone with a grain of salt and a healthy dose of skepticism.

I spoke to someone at the hotel directly. I had the cast member that answered the phone transfer me.

I really don't think I'd trust much of what CM's are saying with regards to construction at the Poly. When you call the Polynesian, you are not speaking to someone actually at the Poly, you are talking to someone in a centralized call center. Check out Tikiman's pages and his FB site. That's pretty much the only info I'd trust. He is very optimistic that the main pool will be finished by 4/1 but there will still be contruction at the Poly including the quiet pool.

Good advice! I agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter