• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian Construction/renovation Letter

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Just received this in the mail today:guilty: I'm hopping it won't be bad by the time I get there in May

Attachments

• Polynesian Letter.pdf
    305.4 KB · Views: 134

When is the 3rd DVC longhouse scheduled to have it's construction completed?

:earsboy: Bill

I had read it was supposed to open in June or by July 1st-not sure if that is actually official though

I read that poly guest are receiving a one day ticket to blizzard beach during the construction. Wonder if this will continue during the second pool refurb. We are booked there early August.

I don't think so-the blizzard beach tickets were to compensate hotel guests for the lack of feature pool-they also comped Wilderness Lodge guests last year when the feature pool there was closed

Also do they comp DVC reservations anyway? We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge not the Villas when we were comped last Oct

Thanks for posting this, OP. I'm wondering if we should try for Lakeview then for our Christmas booking...I'm unfamiliar with the Poly layout, but wouldn't the standards maybe face the construction then?

Thanks for posting this, OP. I'm wondering if we should try for Lakeview then for our Christmas booking...I'm unfamiliar with the Poly layout, but wouldn't the standards maybe face the construction then?
The only part of the DVC property that faces the East Pool is the Tokelau Longhouse. And only those villas facing west toward the pool might be affected by the East Pool construction.

The Lake View studios are all in the Moorea Longhouse and face the Seven Seas Lagoon. None of those studios have a view of the East Pool.

we'll be at Poly in May - have not received a letter yet........... what does it say exactly?? I've request Moorea longhouse.... as I was told Tokelau would not be completed by May.

We are staying in June and received the letter last week. We have never stayed at POLY in the regular rooms, so am not at all familiar with the resort's layout (with the exception of eating at Kona Cafe and Ohana's). We have booked a standard view studio - which building would those villas be in? What building should I request?

We are staying in June and received the letter last week. We have never stayed at POLY in the regular rooms, so am not at all familiar with the resort's layout (with the exception of eating at Kona Cafe and Ohana's). We have booked a standard view studio - which building would those villas be in? What building should I request?

Pago Pago will be 100% standard view. Half face the near by parking lot. The other half face the garden.
Moorea will be 50% standard view (all should be facing garden, possibly the parking lot off in the distance) and 50% lake view. It is also the only longhouse with a laundry room.
Tokelau is expected to open June/July. It is expected to be 100% standard view. (These will all be garden or East pool view). The East pool will be under construction from April through the end of the year.

For 2015, it seems most are requesting Moorea.

Pago Pago will be 100% standard view. Half face the near by parking lot. The other half face the garden.
Moorea will be 50% standard view (all should be facing garden, possibly the parking lot off in the distance) and 50% lake view. It is also the only longhouse with a laundry room.
Tokelau is expected to open June/July. It is expected to be 100% standard view. (These will all be garden or East pool view). The East pool will be under construction from April through the end of the year.

For 2015, it seems most are requesting Moorea.

Thank you!

I received the same letter. The volcano pool will be done by the time we go but not the quiet pool. Will there be any other provisions like water park tickets?

I received the same letter. The volcano pool will be done by the time we go but not the quiet pool. Will there be any other provisions like water park tickets?

From what I recall, Tikiman wrote the water park tickets will stop when the main pool opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter