• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian club level Lapu lapus

airplane

DIS Veteran
I have dreams of unlimited Lapu Lapus being served at the club level At Polynesian. Is this what happens?

Is beer and wine unlimited or just during evening hours? I guess in my dream world that could be just as good ...

Maybe showing some ignorance with admitting this, but I’ll be honest, had to look up pupu.
LOL... Seriously? In all your stays at the Poly you have never once come across the phrase Pupu? That is quite hard to believe.
Pupu is the Hawaiian word (may even be Polynesian but it's Hawaiian for certain) for appetizer
If you go to Hawaii, it's used extensively, especially in connection with a happy hour event. Drink and Pupu specials, etc
Is beer and wine unlimited or just during evening hours? I guess in my dream world that could be just as good ...
Yes, breakfast, lunch, dinner, any hour of operation

Yes, but the beer you typically have to ask for if its early in the morning. However, one morning DH needed a "jump start" and asked, and they were happy to give him one.

LOL... Seriously? In all your stays at the Poly you have never once come across the phrase Pupu? That is quite hard to believe.
Pupu is the Hawaiian word (may even be Polynesian but it's Hawaiian for certain) for appetizer
If you go to Hawaii, it's used extensively, especially in connection with a happy hour event. Drink and Pupu specials, etc

I guess it just means I’ve had too many ‘fake’ Hawaiian Disney vacations and not enough (or any, for that matter) real Hawaiian vacations. Probably should branch out to Aulani sometime.

I mean, yes, I’ve heard the term. Eg, a Pupu Platter. Just not one I tend to see in writing very often so it had me doing a little Googling. I don’t mind admitting that!

Yes, but the beer you typically have to ask for if its early in the morning. However, one morning DH needed a "jump start" and asked, and they were happy to give him one.
Wine/champagne is by request early too. As in, if you want a mimosa for breakfast.
All you gotta do is ask. Heck, I wouldn't bat an eye if someone wanted a glass of wine with breakfast.
Point is, you can get anything they offer in the way of beverages, no matter if it's out or not, during any of their operating hours. You just have to ask if you don't see it.

I guess it just means I’ve had too many ‘fake’ Hawaiian Disney vacations and not enough (or any, for that matter) real Hawaiian vacations. Probably should branch out to Aulani sometime.

I mean, yes, I’ve heard the term. Eg, a Pupu Platter. Just not one I tend to see in writing very often so it had me doing a little Googling. I don’t mind admitting that!
Ah, I fully understand the need to Google something around here, done it often myself and am not ashamed to admit it either.
It was thinking you hadn't heard Pupu Platter, for example, and did think that was used at Poly but then I didn't think about not seeing it in writing that was the difference.

Aulani is a grand idea. I think DH and I are heading next year, maybe. I want to go because I used to live where they built it, back when that was all sugar cane fields still. I want to see how the area has changed in 30 years.

I have to say that when I read the post from @AngiTN, I was feeling impressed with myself for knowing the meaning. But...I only recently learned it when doing research for my first "branching out" trip to Aulani. ::yes::

Maybe showing some ignorance with admitting this, but I’ll be honest, had to look up pupu.

:rotfl2: I am cracking up reading this thread!!

So quick story, only because it brings back good memories...

When I was little, we used to go to this nice Chinese restaurant with my grandparents. When waiting patiently for the waiter to ask me what I’d like to order (most likely a bowl of white rice), I remember sitting there listening to my Grandma order the appetizer and she said, clear as day, ‘I’d like to order the Pupu Platter’... so me being around 8 at the time, and sis around 6, we LOST IT!!!!!! Like laughing SO hard we were crying!!!!! Anytime we went after that, we made her order it, just to hear her say it out loud!!! Feels like yesterday. Good times.

:rotfl2: I am cracking up reading this thread!!

So quick story, only because it brings back good memories...

When I was little, we used to go to this nice Chinese restaurant with my grandparents. When waiting patiently for the waiter to ask me what I’d like to order (most likely a bowl of white rice), I remember sitting there listening to my Grandma order the appetizer and she said, clear as day, ‘I’d like to order the Pupu Platter’... so me being around 8 at the time, and sis around 6, we LOST IT!!!!!! Like laughing SO hard we were crying!!!!! Anytime we went after that, we made her order it, just to hear her say it out loud!!! Feels like yesterday. Good times.
I have a similar memory! Thanks for sharing and reminding me of mine! ❤️

Ha! I had to look it up too! I'm glad I saw this. My DH is a plumber, and if someone at Poly would offer him Pupu at our upcoming trip, he would have ran away quickly! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter