• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian--Captain Cook's Question!

jnshakun

Earning My Ears
I'm having trouble getting an answer in the Restaurant forum so I thought I'd try here. The Wdwinfo site shows a menu (updated in February?) with breakfast offerings at Captain Cook's as limited to cereals. The breakfast menu on allears and tikiman shows hot breakfast choices, such as Tonga toast and Mickey waffles. I'm wondering if the breakfast menu has recently been changed. I'll be bummed, because I thought that when we go next month we could grab a quick, but hearty breakfast at Captain Cook's instead of having to sit down at Kona.

Can anyone who's been recently answer this question for me? Thanks!

I'm having trouble getting an answer in the Restaurant forum so I thought I'd try here. The Wdwinfo site shows a menu (updated in February?) with breakfast offerings at Captain Cook's as limited to cereals. The breakfast menu on allears and tikiman shows hot breakfast choices, such as Tonga toast and Mickey waffles. I'm wondering if the breakfast menu has recently been changed. I'll be bummed, because I thought that when we go next month we could grab a quick, but hearty breakfast at Captain Cook's instead of having to sit down at Kona.

Can anyone who's been recently answer this question for me? Thanks!

I'm afraid you'll be out of luck. Captain Cook's is meant to be a quick-service; counter-service place. Think fast-food. You'll only be able to get items that can be quickly prepared, or be picked up in an instant.

However, the Poly does offer room service, and I'm pretty sure Tonga toast and Mickey Waffles are offered on that.

That doesn't sound right. They used to have items like that so I'm not sure why it would be changed.

Hopefully, someone who has been on a recent visit will chime in.

they DEF. do have tonga toast and some other hot quick service items , like pancakes and bacon platters etc.....since they revamped it they have offered more...I have not been recently ( going in june) but my friend just came back last month and said captain cooks was GREAT for any meal :)

Heh. I stand corrected. :rolleyes1

Thanks for setting me straight. *makes mental note to run to CC's next time for Tonga Toast*

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll just hope that the menu on the wdwinfo site with just cereal was a misprint!

We were there in January (just after Captain Cooks reopened) and I know I saw Tonga Toast on the menu. I can say about the other breakfast items because we do breakfast in the room and just ran over to refill our mugs.

Can anyone that has been to Captain Cooks for breakfast since February verify that they still in fact offer Tonga Toast?
I too saw the menu on this site updated as of Feb 2007 with only cereal type items, while allears still show Tonga Toast, but they did not update.
I want to cancel our Kona breakfast if I can get a taste of Tonga at CC. I know Kona is very good, but several in our party our not big breakfast eaters...especially right before heading over to Space Mountain at opening!
:eek:

Can anyone that has been to Captain Cooks for breakfast since February verify that they still in fact offer Tonga Toast?
I too saw the menu on this site updated as of Feb 2007 with only cereal type items, while allears still show Tonga Toast, but they did not update.
I want to cancel our Kona breakfast if I can get a taste of Tonga at CC. I know Kona is very good, but several in our party our not big breakfast eaters...especially right before heading over to Space Mountain at opening!
:eek:

I was just there for business 2 weeks ago. They do have Tonga Toast and other hot breakfast. CC is open 24 hrs but the grill does not open until 6:30 am. So, no HOT breakfast until 6:30...

Thanks for all the great info! It sounds like it will work out to get quick, but fairly substantial breakfasts on our way out the door to the parks. Is it possible to bring the food from CC's back to our room?

Thanks for all the great info! It sounds like it will work out to get quick, but fairly substantial breakfasts on our way out the door to the parks. Is it possible to bring the food from CC's back to our room?

People do all the time. have fun!!!

Absolutely!

Do they have coffee all the time? If I can fill my DH mug at 6am I may get him up and around faster:lmao: I usually get breakfast for the family and get myself ready while they eat. It seems to be faster.

We were at the Poly from Feb 1-7 and YES they had tonga toast, mickey waffles, etc. And yes you can bring it up to your room. We did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter