Polynesian At Xmas

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi,

We are going to the WL and Polynesian for 7 nights each this Xmas/New Year and I have heard that the WL is really beatifully decorated for Xmas.

Has anybody stayed at the Polynesian for Xmas/New Year, does it have nice decorations and a christmassy feel, I excpect this might seem hard considering it is themed on a south seas tropical island! We are staying in a lagoon view concierge, will the room have any xmas touches?

Thank-You for any input.

Richard.

The only time I stayed at the Poly was at Christmas. I did not like the Poly and I think it was because it just didn't seem like Chrismas. I am hopeing that is why I didn't like it. I will be giving it another try in Oct. Hopefully I will like it better this time. The WL is really great for Chrismas as a matter of fact we checked out of the Poly and checked into the WL for the rest of our trip that Chrismas. It just does not seem like Chrismas to me at the Poly.

Oh dear, looks like we you didn't like the resort at Xmas/New Year.

Hopefully we will, (trying to look on the bright side of things)

Anyone else have any advice?

I have the opportunity to change from the poly to portofino bay.

What do you DIS people think I should do???

Help!!

I'm sure you'll have a good time it is Disney after all I just didn't like the Poly at Chrismas.

I stayed at the Poly last Christmas and I agree with the previous poster, there just isn't a Christmas feel to the resort, IMHO. There are a few decorations and lights around the resort and they pipe in this Hawaiian Christmas music, I'm still singing it, unforunately. Also, your room won't be decorated, unless you decide to pay for something from the Disney Florist, or bring something from home.

We were there this past Christmas as well. We didn't really notice Christmas decorations because they were so subdued, or they just didn't look like Christmas decorations to us. We split our stay with the Animal Kingdom Lodge and thought it was very well decorated. It was African colors and if you looked close, you could see that the decorations were of African theme.

We also noticed the much debated smell at the Polynesian. I'm sorry for those of you who deny the existance of the smell (I think you are in denial), but it was definately there and it DID NOT smell like flowers...more like mold and mildew.

The decorations I remember from the Poly were wreaths and garlands decorated with shells. They had a Christmas tree, but I do not remember much about it. One year they had a gingerbread display with Santa and elves in an island hut, but it was very disappointing compared to other gingebread displays we saw that year in other resorts.

We are just going to stick with our original plan anyway, everybody seems to have different opinions about The Poly at christmas time, so I think we will just go and make our own!!

Thanks for your help.

WE ALWAYS GO TO DISNEYWORLD AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME AND E LOVE BOTH THE POLY AND THE WL. WE LIKED THE WL SO MUCH WE BOUGHT INTO THE DVC THERE. BUT LAST YEAR WE STAYED AT POLY AROUND CHRISTMAS. THE WL IS BY FAR DECORATED MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL FOR CHRISTMAS, ALOT OF POSTERS THINK ITS THE BEST. ANYWAY THE POLY IS A BEAUTIFUL RESORT IN ITSELF AND TAKES YOU INTO A DIFFERENTCULTURE. YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO STAY AT BOTH AND YOU WILL LOVE THEM BOTH !!!!!

PS. NO BAD SMELL FOR US!

The decorations at the Poly do leave a little to be desired, but the location more than makes up for it. In fact, we are staying there again in early Dec. -- but we will spend a day touring all the other resorts to see the decorations. Don't miss the GF, BC, WL and AKL decor -- all of these are must sees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter