Polynesian Air Conditioning Question

Wendi

Wanna be at Disney World!
Ok, I have searched and searched and can not find it. Does the Polynesian still have the a/c controls that go off when there is no movement in the room? If so, what was it that you had to do to overide it to work all the time or all night? Please help. Have to make my notes and put them in the book.
Thanks,

I am not sure if the Polynesian does have those specific a/c units or not. Howevor to overide this you could bring a fan and have one of your baloons floating around the room. The fan might be cold so I would point it facing away from yourself. Im sure others have ideas...Ill be listening.

I think the balloon by itself would do the trick. The A/C would keep it moving enough for the motion sensor. I can't believe they don't have a switch tied to the privacy bolt on the door that would let the room know someone was there.

I have a question about the A/C sensor. If the A/C only runs when motion is detected then what happens at night when everyone is asleep? Beyond a doubt the A/C runs because I can hear it and no one is walking around. So there must be a timer mechanism to over ride the sensor. Maybe that mode can be manipulated :confused3 .

bgdiznee,

That's what I am talking about. We where there 2 years ago and had a problem with that. I did shut off at night and was quite warm by morning. The maintenance guy over rode the thing for the rest of our stay, but I hate to call them for silly things like that when there are people here that know how to do it. It was just a matter of pushing some buttons. I just want to be prepared.
Thanks

The first night of our last two trips (May 04 and August 06) were terrible because of the automatic shut off. We like the room cold when we sleep. Both times we had to have maintenance override it. This past August, the thermostat went and we actually had no air the second night. Maintenance did a good job though getting up there quickly and replacing the thermostat. Next year we are telling them when we get there to override it.

Luv's Tink,
Thank You so much. How did you find it. I did a search, but it didn't pull that up. I appreciate you finding it though. That's the info that I needed.
I knew someone would have it or know where to get it.
Happy Holiday's. :cool1:

We were there recently and had to turn on and off the a/c. We were in the Hawaii bldg. and I can tell you that the fans works great! in fact, I had to either turn off the a/c or the fan at night because it got so cold! Helen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter