• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly vs. WL - monorail line a big deal?

We love the lobby at WL, but thought the room seemed so much smaller than at the Poly. I guess we had bad luck the nine nights we spent at WL, because we found the bus service horrible. As a mom of 3, I think the monorail resorts are the most convenient. Have a great trip.

I am a bus snob. I also have a medical condition which makes standing for a long time difficult. I prefer the Poly so that it is just a quick hop on the monorail back to the hotel. It has been my experience that the buses are always over crowded and that I have to spend the trip standing which is not easy for me. (It's much easier to sit or to walk.) Your in-laws may have similar concerns.

DD4 and I stayed at the WL back in Sept and loved it! The boat ride was super quick and convenient, and we never had to wait more than five minutes at a dock for a boat. We only visited the MK, so I can't really comment on the buses except for our trip to Boma for dinner one night at AKL. It was a bit of a trip, but we enjoyed that night as well :) The only drawbacks I found at the WL were the pool: with a little one that can't swim, I was never able to swim in the "big" pool. I spent my week in the kiddie pool for the lack of a zero entry. I also was not thrilled with the Roaring Forks. It was always very busy and not much of a selection. The Whispering Canyon Cafe, however, was fantastic. I loved the theming and felt so at peace at the WL, and I will visit it for lunch in two weeks when we return. I'm staying at the Poly this time as I got the 4/3 deal...I jumped at the chance because I'll never be able to afford it at full price! Good luck with your decision, I think you'll be happy with either resort :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter