Poly vs. Swan-$100/night worth it?

Aggiegrl

DIS Veteran
We (DH and I only) are doing a split stay, right now 3 nights at AKL and 3 nights at Poly. We are considering switching from Poly to the Swan though.

Since we are switching resorts mid week, we would have to pay for a taxi to switch our bags from AKL to Swan. We will also have to take a taxi back from a dinner reservation at California Grill, and take a taxi to the airport (no Magical Express).

With estimated cost of taxis, this works out to be $300, or about $100 a night difference.

Is the savings worth it the hassle of taxis, or should we stay with the Poly? I know that it depends on what our priorities are, but this is a "WHAT WOULD YOU DO" question.

Personally, I loooove the boardwalk area. But for a difference of only $300 for 3 nights, I 'd take the Poly, no question.

Of course, I've never stayed at the poly, but I've visited and the convenience to MK and Epcot by monorail is really nice.

The Swan is a very nice deluxe hotel, but lacks some of that Disney magic.

Personally, I loooove the boardwalk area. But for a difference of only $300 for 3 nights, I 'd take the Poly, no question.

Of course, I've never stayed at the poly, but I've visited and the convenience to MK and Epcot by monorail is really nice.

The Swan is a very nice deluxe hotel, but lacks some of that Disney magic.

I agree. As much as I like the Swan, for only $100 more, I would go with the Poly...especially to keep from having to pay a cab, twice.

how much will taxi cost?

We are renting a car from Alamo a full size for $86 for 6 days

Thats a great rate for a rental car, but I honestly don't want the hassle of having one. Our last vacation was renting a car and driving around Yellowstone, and I want a carless vacation this time!

I think cabs are about $60 w/ tip to the airport, and on site short trips from MK area to Epcot area run about $15 w/ tip. I can't remember exactly since we have used Magical Express for the last trip we did. I included these costs into the price difference to compare apples to apples.

I think what makes it a hard call for us is the beds. We have a pillowtop king at home, and going to a guaranteed queen on vacation is kind of the pits. I like the idea of the "heavenly beds" at the Swan.

Hopefully the transportation and the atmosphere of the Poly will make up for it. We will only be doing MK and Epcot in the second part of the trip, so no doubt the transportation at Poly is a plus. I wish we could have gotten CR so we at least had a chance at a king bed, but no luck.

I LOVE THE POLY!!! We have stayed there once last January and we just booked for November!! I cant wait!! Our family has decided that this is the only hotel we want to stay at right now. We just cant get enough of it!! So just in case you dont know what my opinion is POLY ALL THE WAY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter